Scott Arfield

12 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

This seems reasonable to me. Not sure why anyone would have a  issue with this. If he shows up this summer for Nations League and friendlies then we can at least assess his usefulness.

Go take a look at the date line of the article. That will explain it.

2 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

This seems reasonable to me. Not sure why anyone would have a  issue with this. If he shows up this summer for Nations League and friendlies then we can at least assess his usefulness.

Because he skipped key qualifying windows where we really could have used him for his own convenience?  Now, full disclosure - my view on this situation is absolutely colored by my belief that Scotty was the one who decided to end his participation during qualifying.  If that isn’t true and he was willing and just wasn’t called, then I will revise my views substantially.  But if I am right and if he was the one who decided not to be part of the crucial qualifiers where we really could have used his skill and experience, I find it baffling that anyone could consider this as a serious possibility at this point.   

Theres many a slip between cup and lip.  Piette is hurt, idiots calling for Kaye to be dropped (fans have bad case of doniel henry itis..he cant be trusted drop him immediately!!!), wonder kid/flavor of the month Kone looks very normal in his second appearance.....suddenly maybe we could have used another guy like Arfield.  You never know what roster spot will need filling this winter.  I'd be happier if he was back in the fold and he brought with him a couple of up and coming CB with him.  

Just now, Bison44 said:

Theres many a slip between cup and lip.  Piette is hurt, idiots calling for Kaye to be dropped (fans have bad case of doniel henry itis..he cant be trusted drop him immediately!!!), wonder kid/flavor of the month Kone looks very normal in his second appearance.....suddenly maybe we could have used another guy like Arfield.  You never know what roster spot will need filling this winter.  I'd be happier if he was back in the fold and he brought with him a couple of up and coming CB with him.  

I am definitely in favour of mending fences and calling him back in.

Vast majority of that grooming and developing has to happen at their club.  Kone, Okello, Priso, St CLair need to solidify their places in MLS, become regular starters (something Fraser, Tabla, AJH, Chapman, Hamilton, Morgan etc etc etc never could).  We cant forget that if these guys improve they could get a dream shot to go to europe....where Arfield, Hutch Vitoria etc have already excelled.  If WC was tomorrow and it was go time, we would have to bring our best as of right now.  But I hope we see lots of these kids this summer and they can grow into it, but NOV isnt that far away.