Canadian S.C.

Lennon

54 minutes ago, shermanator said:

Why don't we use our money to support the clubs we actually have in this country, such as those in League1 Ontario? Maybe it's time for you to stop spouting grand ideas, get off the keyboard, and get into the stands where the rest of us are.

Huh I basically admited I was drunk shitposting and somehow it's me being serious. Weird

Also, I would love to go to a L1O game if I wasn't working during 90% of those games and I was able to drive to the other 10%.

5 minutes ago, shermanator said:

I think you need to stop making excuses. If you want to truly support the local game, stop talking, and just go out and do it. We have supporters in Calgary who spend 2 hours on the bus / train to get to Calgary Foothills games.

I think you need to stop being a dick and admit you can't tell when someone is shitposting and questioning fandoms so you can feel like a "true fan". You don't know my life so stop acting like it.

47 minutes ago, matty said:

I think you need to stop being a dick and admit you can't tell when someone is shitposting and questioning fandoms so you can feel like a "true fan". You don't know my life so stop acting like it.

I think us Voyageurs are getting Canada National team game withdrawal. Everybody is pissy on here all of a sudden.

Heh, that's part of it.

But we do have a real problem in the Canadian soccer community where a lot of people want the game to grow and develop the game in our own backyard, but are unwilling to support it with the thing that matters the most, which is their wallets. I think Steven Sandor had a great article on this a few months ago: https://the11.ca/canpl-cannot-fall-victim-to-culture-of-free-which-pervades-canadian-soccer/

This club was a great find, and their jerseys are awesome, but it's still a club in another country getting the money that matters.

1 hour ago, shermanator said:

Heh, that's part of it.

But we do have a real problem in the Canadian soccer community where a lot of people want the game to grow and develop the game in our own backyard, but are unwilling to support it with the thing that matters the most, which is their wallets. I think Steven Sandor had a great article on this a few months ago: https://the11.ca/canpl-cannot-fall-victim-to-culture-of-free-which-pervades-canadian-soccer/

This club was a great find, and their jerseys are awesome, but it's still a club in another country getting the money that matters.

While I agree with you here in a lot of ways, I don't feel it justifies going after someone for making a shitpost. 

• 11 months later...

Talked with the Owner Fernando’ Aldao

Canadian S.C were relegated last year from Segunda division to Segunda B (3rd Tier)

Right now they are working on their own pitch/mini stadium which will have 5,000 seats and training complex as well because before they needed to rent everything 

Finished 13th of 16th and will remain in the same category 

Their current situation financially is bad

Theyre doing their best with little to no support, in order making ends meet

Just wondering, if we could do something for them?  

Edited by Thomas

7 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

Talked with the Owner Fernando’ Aldao

Canadian S.C were relegated last year from Segunda division to Segunda B (3rd Tier)

Right now they are working on their own pitch/mini stadium which will have 5,000 seats and training complex as well because before they needed to rent everything 

Finished 13th of 16th and will remain in the same category 

Their current situation financially is bad

Theyre doing their best with little to no support, in order making ends meet

Just wondering, if we could do something for them?  

They are in the Uruguay 3rd tier and have financial problems but are working on building a 5000 seat stadium and training complex?  

Not against us helping this club, but imagine this scenario:

New GTA-based L1O side, Uruguayan F.C., plans to be the first club in the league to build a 5,000 stadium, compete with training facilities, but unfortunately their financial situation has become critical. However, Uruguay's largest national football supporters group has come to the rescue, pledging financial aid from it's members, in an attempt to preserve the Southern Ontario club.

Edited by Obinna

• 2 years later...