Jonathan Osorio

Wingback6

On 9/19/2024 at 10:52 AM, Obinna said:

Thanks for sharing. Would you mind posting these stats regularly in this thread? Nice to have some actual metrics to back up our talking points.

I have listed the stats before, just not with screen shots.  Fotmob doesn't put them all on the same page, so its easier to do it manually.  Screen shot was from Score and they're usually not live, a little behind. 

This was TFC's Saturday match:

JO - 90min / 43 touches
LI - 59 / 56
AC - 59 / 48
ML - 90 / 59
RL - 90 / 54

Mexico:

Stache: 90min / 43

Oso: 90 / 25

Choiniere: 62 / 31

I did the same exercise last year, it's more than a trend.

On 9/19/2024 at 10:52 AM, Obinna said:

One thing I notice is Bernadeschi having numbers not much different than Osorio, same number of passes and just 4 extra touches and 1 cross, yet nobody would argue he is not involved enough right?

Like I wrote above, Score seemed behind and not quite "live", maybe closer to 36'-37'.  In most cases a midfielder will tend to have more touches than WBs.

@Obinna - just tagging you cause you mentioned liking the stats last time. 

Osorio vs VWC

JO - 66 touches in 90'

AC - 87 in 84'

ML - 110 in 90'

FB - 84 in 90' (WB)

LI - 58 in 68'

RL - 72 in 90' (WB)

It's more than a trend, repeatedly, everyone around him is more involved in the games. 

Yet, once again, outstanding successful pass rate 51/55 for 93%!  Longstaff at 94% and Coello at 89%, so seems like they weren't pressured much.

Also, Osorio 2/8 duels won.  As much as I love and respect the guy, I just get frustrated by where his game is, gotta see more.

I get Vitoria vibes off him now.  The next crop just have soo much more potential - even if unproven - and two-way games that there is just no need to keep seeing him with CANMNT.  Experience is nice and can be helpful in a few very specific scenarios, but he'll never attain the level we need and expect from him.  

2 hours ago, costarg said:

@Obinna - just tagging you cause you mentioned liking the stats last time. 

Osorio vs VWC

JO - 66 touches in 90'

AC - 87 in 84'

ML - 110 in 90'

FB - 84 in 90' (WB)

LI - 58 in 68'

RL - 72 in 90' (WB)

It's more than a trend, repeatedly, everyone around him is more involved in the games. 

Yet, once again, outstanding successful pass rate 51/55 for 93%!  Longstaff at 94% and Coello at 89%, so seems like they weren't pressured much.

Also, Osorio 2/8 duels won.  As much as I love and respect the guy, I just get frustrated by where his game is, gotta see more.

I get Vitoria vibes off him now.  The next crop just have soo much more potential - even if unproven - and two-way games that there is just no need to keep seeing him with CANMNT.  Experience is nice and can be helpful in a few very specific scenarios, but he'll never attain the level we need and expect from him.  

Yet, his beloved fans will still want him involved while he continues to be detrimental for Canada. If he’s not being invisible, he’s choking in key moments. That’s all it’s been for this guy. Other guys rot on the bench while he gets selected without merit. It’s ludicrous at this point.

Just now, anthony7 said:

Yet, his beloved fans will still want him involved while he continues to be detrimental for Canada. If he’s not being invisible, he’s choking in key moments. That’s all it’s been for this guy. Other guys rot on the bench while he gets selected without merit. It’s ludicrous at this point.

I wouldn't go that far.  He converted his PK on Wednesday as well as scoring a beauty 1-2 weeks ago.  While all his CANMNT midfield competition also scored that same weekend.  He still contributes, I just feel his game has become very limited and one-sided compared to our options.

13 hours ago, costarg said:

I wouldn't go that far.  He converted his PK on Wednesday as well as scoring a beauty 1-2 weeks ago.  While all his CANMNT midfield competition also scored that same weekend.  He still contributes, I just feel his game has become very limited and one-sided compared to our options.

He’s 28% from the penalty spot. This guy thought he was Cole Palmer or Ivan Toney after that penalty.🤣 After Longstaff & Thompson missed their penalties, the pressure was already off. I guess you forgot when he choke in the 2019 & 2022 Can Champ Final from the penalty spot. And like Steven Caldwell said on his goal, it was “lucky in the way the ball came to him”. He has been completely MIA for TFC, overall this season. He’s not had one complete game all season. The guy goes missing in 2nd halves. Fans like yourself will hold onto one moment, and consider it a successful season overall for this guy. Have you actually watched his overall play for TFC this year? TFC desperately needs a true #10 and he’s holding onto that spot. As long as he’s occupying that position, TFC will struggle to take that next step in terms of progression. The guy should have been released last year and he was poor again tonight.

Edited by anthony7