New Umbro Kit?

Can't widen the white much because it will affect the Umbro logo.

And the reason they won't make this is or any other custom kit is because it would cost them money to create the template. We should be adapting Umbro's latest cookie cutters if we want them to seriously consider any of our designs. This is more fun though.

Yeah man but I mean that Ajax kit I posted was a former template, too bad a really old one. You are right this is more fun.

Well... going by what Nike have inflicted on the English, that been Playing in a remake of the 1974 World cup einning GERMAN SHIRT!!

I reckon you should all watch out for something with a Stripey Shirt and Blue Shorts with Maple leafs, that look not too disimilar to stars, festoon all over them!

Guest Brethers

The new England nike kit is horrible in my opinion. So bland. Really hope we don't end up with something like it

Can't widen the white much because it will affect the Umbro logo.

And the reason they won't make this is or any other custom kit is because it would cost them money to create the template. We should be adapting Umbro's latest cookie cutters if we want them to seriously consider any of our designs. This is more fun though.

I guess this would be ideal then:

ybrQe8C.jpg

They should offer a deal where you get into the practice for free if you buy the new kit at the door. I doubt I'll pay $10 to see a practice, but if I could get a kit at the practice I would likely go. This probably dosen't make much sense but it would be a good promo for them.

That kit looks nice. I checked the Umbro store online and found a couple of other designs that I would be pretty cool with. First, the pinstripe one that Ireland wears:

Y7mSsDs.png

Tomorrow is the announcement! I liked a LOT of the ideas on this forum page, this one is probably my favorite. Would like it even more with a white collar. Getting jacked for a kit that is hopefully not disappointing!

Okay I just looked on www.canadasoccer.com and found this

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-wnt-connecting-with-fans-ahead-of-usa-match--p154082

On Thursday 30 May Canada will host an open training session which will be highlighted by the unveiling of a new Umbro White National Team Jersey. The event, which is open to the public, will take place at BMO Field and run from 19.00 to 20.00.

Sounds like only a white jersey then? Or just for this match, and red one coming? guess we'll see

@ thescottc : That is the best jersey I've seen designed on this board. I sent it to Nick Bontis to showcase the benefits of crowdsourcing design and branding materials for the national team.

I've been thinking about furthering the branding of the national team. I was wondering if you could help me with a design/brand idea?

• 1 year later...

Thought I would bump this thread in response to the discussion going on about the 2014 Umbro kit. In these three pages there are several designs that are more bold and creative than either the 2013 or 2014 kit which are pretty much small variations on the same idea. Clearly the CSA is determined to stick with super conservative and very plain designs. Some people think the chosen designs are "classy" but I am of the opinion that the lack of imagination equates to something more like "boring". 

Archived