Maxime Crépeau

Dub Narcotic

11 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

I actually thought Max spilled/misplayed it a couple of times as well (specifically the one that resulted in Cornelius having to collect it and dribble around Max in order to clear it) he simply wasn't punished for it the way DSC was. Still, it's close and I can't disagree with the current order. Also nice to have some competition for the spot.

I may be misremembering, but I thought that Max was actually about to recover that spill when Cornelius took it upon himself to deal with the situation. Either way, the end result does matter in the end. Max wasn't punished and Dayne was. 

1 hour ago, Watchmen said:

I actually thought Max spilled/misplayed it a couple of times as well (specifically the one that resulted in Cornelius having to collect it and dribble around Max in order to clear it) he simply wasn't punished for it the way DSC was. Still, it's close and I can't disagree with the current order. Also nice to have some competition for the spot.

Yeah, Max did almost exactly the same thing - we just didn’t get punished for it. 

For me, Max gets the nod just because he has come up big for us in the past.  Unless he screws up, someone has to win the spot from him - and that hasn’t happened yet.  

10 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yeah, Max did almost exactly the same thing - we just didn’t get punished for it. 

For me, Max gets the nod just because he has come up big for us in the past.  Unless he screws up, someone has to win the spot from him - and that hasn’t happened yet.  

Agree Max should get the start, but DSC made some incredible saves vs the Netherlands and got shafted a bit re subs in the 2nd half, it was our first game and it looked like Marsch tweeked things a bit taking the  foot off the high press slightly vs France. It was also the 2nd game for the new back 4 and Kone although strong in the first game was outstanding vs France.  We should all feel better now with our top 2 keepers  vs before the friendlies.

6 hours ago, frmr said:

Amazing shot stopper. Can't blame him on the nutmeg goal. He could still probably work on his positional decision making.

Yeah I can't blame him on either of the goals really. Because if it had been St Clair in there, it would have been much worse.

This guy is the gold standard for Canadian football. A homegrown player who has been a name in the program since 2011 when he starred for the u17s in CONCACAF qualifying and had to constantly prove himself in order to win a starters job at club level despite starring for Canada across multiple age groups. He made himself impossible to ignore with Vancouver and carried that to back to back MLS finals with LAFC, winning one while breaking his leg for his team in the process. 

Now he’s had to fight for the same recognition with Canada but has finally made himself impossible to ignore. He’s our starter. 

This man is just a great person of the highest standards. Gave up his leg and World Cup spot to help his club team win a championship. First to help the ref, only thinking he needed to save a life and put this moment above the game itself. He's truly a selfless individual, willing to sacrifice to win