Next coach ?

Winnipeg Fury

Teitur Tots? The guy who can't even manage his team to beat TFC under Aron Winter?

Let's set standard higher here. Playing in this region(CONCACAF) is whole different animal. We need a manager who's familiar with this region and can put together a team that can play both technical and physical while being successful against CONCACAF teams.

I am in favour to hire a manager from Mexico or South America who is familiar how Central american teams play.

Hart did a good job laying down the foundation, but now it's time to go next level which Hart isn't capable of doing so we need a new manager who can accomplish that.

He's undefeated against Aron Winter. 1 win and and 1 draw.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leo Beenhakker would be a Major Coup de Force for Canada, but he commands 1million EUROS per Year when in charge of Poland. He might be getting less from the Hungarians now. But there are many reasons why he would be great.

- Languages: Dutch, German, English, SPANISH and some Portuguese and French

- Experience as Player, Club Coach, National Coach and Technical Director

- Good Network of people he works with: Players, Coaches, Agents and Clubs in different leagues at different levels

- Good Motivator and commands respect from Players

In his position with Poland he had a hard job since he was being scrutinized and critisized by other coaches and the media simply because he wasn't "one of them" an "old boy" and polish. But he still has contacts with his ex coach assistant and a few players that they txt each other.

Hire him and someone that he can work with him in the Technical Director position. He could probably point to someone. Let them REDESIGN the current model that is broken and MANDATE IT.

He also helped "citizenise" players that discovered polish roots or simply the love for Poland...

More importantly hook him up with a few YOUNG EAGER Canadian coaches so that they learn from him as much as possible.

We forget that when Hart had the 'interim' removed from his title there wasn't much of an option given the timelines and the lack of funding. Now we have time to find a replacement. How are those funds coming along? In all honesty, given our past performance Canada was a bit of a long shot to qualify. Has the CSA prepared at all for a day they knew would likely come?

We know how cheap the the Csa is so Me We should be looking at a decent TD my pick is living right here in Canada the name is Thomas Rongen, He knows Concacaf he was succesful coaching the US under 19s and also MLS and is currently doing a good job at TFC Acedemy as far a Head Coach I say Bob Bradley why not

We know how cheap the the Csa is so Me We should be looking at a decent TD my pick is living right here in Canada the name is Thomas Rongen, He knows Concacaf he was succesful coaching the US under 19s and also MLS and is currently doing a good job at TFC Acedemy as far a Head Coach I say Bob Bradley why not

Then we can really Americanize Canadian soccer? In fairness it wouldn't be the worst option!

Does anyone think Hart was the MAIN problem or the only problem? If we can pull a bigtime quality coach, I'm okay with replacing Hart, but if we're going to replace him just for replacements sake, and all we can get is Fonseca or Dasovic, I think that's a mistake... It's time to face facts, our players just arent' that good right now. We fielded a 21 player lineup of guys (with a few exceptions: Atiba, Occean) who are not only playing in some pretty mediocore leagues, but really strugling to find minutes in those leagues. And it obviously doesn't help when your 2nd and third best players (in my books) Simpson and DeRosario aren't available.

I keep reading we need a South american coach and I agree, but the language barrier will be a serious issue. Since I think the CSA will keep Hart for a year or 2, I say, replacing him by Marc Dos Santos. Dos Santos is getting valuable experience learning the brazilian way, starting from the youth development and going to the top, give him 1 or 2 more years and he will be a much better coach, btw, I think he's already a good coach. The last thing, he said it before, he would like to eventually have the job, so make his wish come true in 1 or 2 years, he won't command a huge salary and will be way different from the Hart, Mitchell or Yallop we had lately.

I keep reading we need a South american coach and I agree, but the language barrier will be a serious issue. Since I think the CSA will keep Hart for a year or 2, I say, replacing him by Marc Dos Santos. Dos Santos is getting valuable experience learning the brazilian way, starting from the youth development and going to the top, give him 1 or 2 more years and he will be a much better coach, btw, I think he's already a good coach. The last thing, he said it before, he would like to eventually have the job, so make his wish come true in 1 or 2 years, he won't command a huge salary and will be way different from the Hart, Mitchell or Yallop we had lately.

Hmm. I think the coach we need is an INTERNATIONAL one, not necessarily foreign coach. Someone who has coached at this level who will be able to command the team regardless of whether or not English or French is his primary language.

Has Dos Santos ever coached at the highest level? Even at the U17, U20 level? I'm only familiar with him at the club level, can Grizz or anyone from Montreal comment on his coaching style, record, etc?

I'd say we need a technical director more than a coach at present or a great youth coach yhan anything. 5 years ago Jose Pekerman and Marcelo Bielsa could've been had for cheap to develop a guideline to build on youths. Now both of them are world renowned on senior national teams and unfortunately command a very high salary. I would've preferred an Argentine or Brasilian youth coach or technical director to see what we're doing wrong, and at least be more hands on with MLS Academies on how to improve the next gen of National team players

Does anyone think Hart was the MAIN problem or the only problem? If we can pull a bigtime quality coach, I'm okay with replacing Hart, but if we're going to replace him just for replacements sake, and all we can get is Fonseca or Dasovic, I think that's a mistake... It's time to face facts, our players just arent' that good right now. We fielded a 21 player lineup of guys (with a few exceptions: Atiba, Occean) who are not only playing in some pretty mediocore leagues, but really strugling to find minutes in those leagues. And it obviously doesn't help when your 2nd and third best players (in my books) Simpson and DeRosario aren't available.

We develop athletes not soccer players. Until that changes we will always be a team with less than a handful of skilled players. That will take a while to change and that is dependent on the CSA actually doing something to change the way soccer is taught at all levels. The academies are doing their part so chances are the CSA will just keep doing the same old stuff and try to ride their coattails.

Funny, but after the US beat us 2-0 at the last Gold Cup many of their supporters on BigSoccer were saying the exact opposite. We have some players with decent technique, but very little athleticism compared to the Americans - they were able to close us down quickly. They noted that we played very robotic and with very little movement or idea of how to break their team down. Just sayin' it's something to think about.

I'd say we need a technical director more than a coach at present or a great youth coach yhan anything. 5 years ago Jose Pekerman and Marcelo Bielsa could've been had for cheap to develop a guideline to build on youths. Now both of them are world renowned on senior national teams and unfortunately command a very high salary. I would've preferred an Argentine or Brasilian youth coach or technical director to see what we're doing wrong, and at least be more hands on with MLS Academies on how to improve the next gen of National team players

I may have missed mention of it here but Dobson tweeted earlier that a new TD has been hired and that it will be announced within two weeks.

I think Rongen is a good, and realistic choice. He did a lot of good things with the USA under-20s. He had them playing nice, attractive soccer. They had a bad loss in 2011 to Guatemala and didn't qualify for the U20 World Cup, but otherwise, it was a good tenure. Also, he managed American Samoa to its first-ever victory in a World Cup qualifier. And, he was crucial in going out to scout and recruit the many dual nationals on the US squad right now. Jermaine Jones, Timmy Chandler, Fabian Johnson, Danny Williams, Terrence Boyd (contrary to what people think, he did most of the legwork on these guys, Klinsmann just capped them in games), and a bunch of U20 players in Germany and Mexico. I think the number he came back with was something like over 200 dual nationals for the US he found by scouting and using his connections.

I think you're right he would be good in a technical director role, but I don't think he'd be a bad option to coach, or get him involved somehow. People in the US tend to take for granted what he did and hold him accountable for 2011, and the Neven Subotic thing (which really, wasn't his doing).

The Venezuelan coach Paez sounds like a great option for us.

Richard Paez did miracles with the selection of Venezuela. 20 years ago we were called the South American Cinderella. Since Paez took the selection and then continued his work Farias, Venezuela does not lose points easily, and even wins on the road in places as hard as Montevideo, Santiago and Quito.

Canada and Venezuela are very similar in my opinion, Venezuela had a very similar playing style to that of Canada, have even played two friendlies and both ended in a draw in Maracaibo and Merida . Canada lacks polish his technique, and ends play a "robotic style". A good coach and a good youth program will to you improve.

I was at the Canada game vs Cuba in Havana . I follow your team since Mexico 1986. Good luck and remember that nothing is impossible.

sorry if this is already been discussed. Small article that doesn't really have any facts in it, just speculation.

Former Burton Albion boss is a contender to be the new Canada manager

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/16229/8179207/Former-Burton-Albion-boss-is-a-contender-to-be-the-new-Canada-manager

"The Canadian Soccer Association are now drawing up a short-list and former Canada star Peschisolido is thought to be among their targets."

sorry if this is already been discussed. Small article that doesn't really have any facts in it, just speculation.

Former Burton Albion boss is a contender to be the new Canada manager

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/16229/8179207/Former-Burton-Albion-boss-is-a-contender-to-be-the-new-Canada-manager

"The Canadian Soccer Association are now drawing up a short-list and former Canada star Peschisolido is thought to be among their targets."

I guess the CSA hasn't learned anything, always looking to Europe. If they hire a Brit, what good will it do again, if he has to play against Mexico, Honduras, Panama and other Central American countries? Such short-sightedness honestly. Pesch, I don't know, but since he has played against Central American countries and he was on the team that last made the Hex, maybe he could try to get better results. I'm curious to know who the Technical Director is moreso than coach. If he's some British manager or Local Canadian CSL type experience coach, than yeah, I have no hope that we'll make it to a World Cup out of CONCACAF anytime soon

Wow I really hope this is speculation because that line is really scary in two ways. First it sounds like the last selection process where a short list was drawn up and the best candidates were left off it. Second Pesch should not be on the list at least not for another decade and even then only if he has had 10 more years of successfully coaching at a higher league than league 2. He was with Burton Albion for 3 years and did not manage a winning record in any of them. Yes Burton Albion is a small club and the budget probably played a large role in that too but still he is far away from being a series candidate for any national team that wants to be a serious team internationally.

Archived