We Need A Friendly

Based on Kurtis Larson's tweet a few days ago, I'm pretty sure this will happen and the final details are being sorted out. I'm also fairly sure it will be a closed door game either in the US (Ft. Lauderdale camp we usually use) or the Nottawasaga Inn we use in Alliston.

I saw Larson's tweet after I posted. I think you're right about the game in the US and at this point selling tickets to said friendly would be tough so closed door seems inevitable. I was hoping for a game in New York or DC involving a Central or South American team. Something I could have flown to and stayed a couple of days.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a shame the arrangements with Brazil at the Maracanã Stadium fell through at the last minutes just because Victor felt his 50% share of the $20,000,000 for the Global broadcasting rights were insufficient! So maybe, behind closed doors, with no cameras present, and we can say we did. Absolutely brilliant! The answer to Fatso's prayers. Jeeze, only in Canada, eh?

If they play Colombia it will probably be in the US yes, and the venue would be Miami or New Jersey if its not closed door. I'd imagine they would'nt make it closed door as both of those cities always receive a strong reception for Colombia, probably enough to cover costs and make a little profit at least. New Jersey would be close enough to attract more Canadians and its a shorter flight for most euro's so it may be the venue of choice.

Conference call with the media set to start in 90 minutes. This from Dobson's twitter, "Announcement coming today on #canMNT friendly next month. Don't expect it to be what you would like it to be."

I hope he's saying that just because it'll be behind closed doors and not because it's against a minnow

Hey someone email that link to Robert so he can shut the hell up finally.

CSA probably knew weeks ago, but figured would just delay the announcement to irk Robert, lol. I had to laugh when I read the demand to fire Montopoli. Robert perhaps applied for the job, and didn't even get the acknowledgement letter.

Actually I like it a lot. T&T is the strongest team in CONCACAF not currently involved in WCQ. They play a similar style to Panama, a lot of central american countries share a similar style, so it's better preperation than, say, Armenia. It's in Florida, so they are getting used to the climate. And from the looks of the pitch, it's not going to be the best surface in the world, which they better get used to as well.

If this is supposed to be about preperation, (WHICH IT IS), I give them 4 stars out of 5. Good choice, good job! Thumbs up.

Edit: Oh and thanks for posting that overhead view of the pitch!

Archived