US 16 man camp roster

Alex

wow....they have certainly left us in the dust....that is a strong team.

tough for a bunch of guys in league 1, BL 3, second division portugal and romania to compete with a line-up like that.

its interesting how many guys they have playing in mexico.

Guest Brethers
from mlssoccer.com:

UPDATED U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION

GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

DEFENDERS (8): Carlos Bocanegra (Rangers), Geoff Cameron (Houston Dynamo), Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Alfredo Morales (Hertha Berlin), Oguchi Onyewu (Sporting Lisbon), Michael Parkhurst (Nordsjaelland)

MIDFIELDERS (9): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Chievo Verona), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Jose Torres (Pachuca), Danny Williams (Hoffenheim), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

FORWARDS (7): Juan Agudelo (Chivas USA), Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar), Terrence Boyd (Borussia Dortmund), Clint Dempsey (Fulham), Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy), Herculez Gomez (Santos), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

As we know, Chandler refused a call up in hopes of "getting Tealed" by Germany. Meanwhile, speaking of Teal, he is nowhere to be seen. His teamate Zusi instead was the only SKC player called into camp. Besides that, it is a typical A squad for the USA. Interesting that Tim Ream is getting snubbed after playing 90 minutes every game for Bolton since his move in winter. Also interesting that Zack Whitbread was not called in. He was a regular fixture at CB for Norwich this season.

From what I picked up from watching match of the day, Tim Ream is terrible. He didn't look like he ever really played that well for Bolton. Although I don't know if that was some anti-Americanness kicking in from my subconscious

wow....they have certainly left us in the dust....that is a strong team.

tough for a bunch of guys in league 1, BL 3, second division portugal and romania to compete with a line-up like that.

its interesting how many guys they have playing in mexico.

Their team is strong but ours isn't exactly as weak as you make it out to be... we have one BL 3 player, Ricketts and Hume both obviously belong in a higher division, Pacheco I really have no idea about.

But I look at our team and see the BL2 leading scorer, reigning MLS MVP, 4 of their players play on MLS squads alongside our boys, Hutchinson, McKenna...

They clearly have the advantage clearly but we're at home, lets do this.

Their team is strong but ours isn't exactly as weak as you make it out to be... we have one BL 3 player, Ricketts and Hume both obviously belong in a higher division, Pacheco I really have no idea about.

But I look at our team and see the BL2 leading scorer, reigning MLS MVP, 4 of their players play on MLS squads alongside our boys, Hutchinson, McKenna...

They clearly have the advantage clearly but we're at home, lets do this.

Agreed. There's no point in getting doom and gloom over a friendly. But with a roster like that they'll absolutely kill the likes of.... Jamaica, Guatemala, and Antigua? That's their group???

How so? I thought he moved to Switzerland when he was like... two or something (and his parents were Swiss?).

I was thinking more along the lines that he got capped once and chucked to the curb. He's obviously way more Swiss than Canadian and probably doesn't regret it.

Except he is only 22 and it remains to be determined how his MLS and MNT career will progress. Plus with the poor year he has had so far I don't know that he had a can't miss opportunity with us because he would be at best a borderline WCQ call up for us if he were called at all.

Way to ruin a good joke with "logic". What are ya, German or something?

jpg75 would have surely made his point if he'd brought up Jonathan Deguzman, but instead got Tealed when citing the younger and more complicated case of Teal Bunbury.

Ouch. This made me laugh when i read it, then i thought about it and really Jono hasn't been Tealed yet because he has still got us to fall back on. By the way, his recent teasing of us might possibly deserve a new term, to "get Jono'd". To forgive a douchey mercenary that passed up a chance with Canada, welcome him back to the fold as if all was forgiven only to have him change his mind on you.

The Voyageurs got Jono'd when Julian said his brother was willing to play for Canada and people spent time researching immigration law in an ill-fated attempt to help the cause.

I think they are overstating it... Tactically, they've got depth in the RB position (Cherundolo, Spector, and Parkhurst) so he wouldn't be a big loss.

Cherundolo is getting too old. Parkhurst is not a natural RB and Spector is inconsistent as hell. he looks like he's trying to find his best position

Yes, their roster looks good. The 5 Germans really help (Fabian Johnson as well).

But hands up everyone who looked at their U23 roster prior to OQ and said "we don't stand a chance". My hand is up.

Yes, their roster looks good. The 5 Germans really help (Fabian Johnson as well).

Forgot about him. I guess Klinsmann is trying to establish "die mannschaft" on this side of the Atlantic. Kind of funny that they only had two of that type of player when they faced us in Palo Alto for WCQ in 1997 (Tom Dooley and David Wagner) and yet with all the $ they put into their development programs since then they are have even more now.

Archived