Confirmed camp call-ups

Addona

I'm a big Henry fan and I think he will be a great defender in the future but even at the U23's was a good example of his huge upside along with his inexperience. On the Cuba goal and some of his defending at times is still very raw, he makes up for some of his mistakes with amazing athleticism. Time playing with his club is very valuable, being in a Canada camp would be valuable too but there will be time down the road, he is just beginning to grow into a role at TFC and won't be getting any minutes with Canada, better to leave him to develop and bring in the guys who will be called on in the next year, and especially with Jackovic with his injuries its important to get a look at him and see where he's at.

I agree with this. Henry should start to be brought into the team but WCQ is not the time for this. Nevertheless, I really disagree with the callup for Ledgerwood. If he is being called up as a defender Straith would be a much better choice, younger and more skilled. Also had a much better year in the 3rd BL (Kicker gave him a much better ratings for example) and not a guy who will end up as a career 3rd division player which looks like the future for Ledgerwood. Plus, while Ledgerwood would offer RB/def mid flexibility Straith can also play CB if needed and several of the defenders have experience in midfield and I think would be stronger than Ledgerwood even if it is not their main position. Also whenever I watch DiChiara in either RPL or the reserve matches he justs seems to have much more skill than Ledgerwood so I do not understand why he was not given more of a chance by Hart in the last round.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with this. Henry should start to be brought into the team but WCQ is not the time for this. Nevertheless, I really disagree with the callup for Ledgerwood. If he is being called up as a defender Straith would be a much better choice, younger and more skilled. Also had a much better year in the 3rd BL (Kicker gave him a much better ratings for example) and not a guy who will end up as a career 3rd division player which looks like the future for Ledgerwood. Plus, while Ledgerwood would offer RB/def mid flexibility Straith can also play CB if needed and several of the defenders have experience in midfield and I think would be stronger than Ledgerwood even if it is not their main position. Also whenever I watch DiChiara in either RPL or the reserve matches he justs seems to have much more skill than Ledgerwood so I do not understand why he was not given more of a chance by Hart in the last round.

Agree 100%, unless Straith has a knock he should be there ahead of Ledgerwood... funny how Straith has seen his opportunities limited after his mistake vs. Greece but Ledgerwoods mistakes go relatively unpunished..

Also whenever I watch DiChiara in either RPL or the reserve matches he justs seems to have much more skill than Ledgerwood so I do not understand why he was not given more of a chance by Hart in the last round.

FWIW, based on the interview he gave in the latter stages of the first qualifying round, Fonseca didn't seem too enamoured by him.

Archived