Confirmed camp call-ups

Addona

What the hell are you talking about?He can "sign" anything he wants,once he is 16 years old...Since he is in France already,it means that either all of his parents or he has an EU citizenship,are there already...

If you can't comprehend or type basic english maybe you shouldn't post here Miro...

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was just looking over my team(s) roster(s) (Denmark, Ireland, England) and most importantly Canada!!! (Yes I'm a northern Euro Mutt) and after seeing our WCQ call-ups layed out with stats and whatnot, two words come to mind 'Attacking, Experience'

This team looks a lot more like the squad type we had when we rolled teams last round, and I am very excited about that. If you look at the Mid and the FW there are players listed in either who can slot in all over the place. We've left the Big men at home up front, with the exception of Occean, as well as several DM's. Our D is CB heavy, but that has been the case since for a while.

All-in-all I'm pretty excited. Not the least because the kind of team we've put out recently (albeit against minnows) generally played some very fluid attacking soccer, at times, and why not. This is probably one of the stronger looking D's we had in a while, so let the forwards run at the D, because pretty much whatever 6 Mids/FW Hart fields all know where the goal is.

We didn't "roll" anyone last round barring 2 of the 6 games. You'll recall a 0-0 and other various struggles to score. Don't get too excited this round. We're the same team and it'll take loads of luck and 10/11 of our guys at their peak for each match. Even the Cuba games.

We didn't "roll" anyone last round barring 2 of the 6 games. You'll recall a 0-0 and other various struggles to score. Don't get too excited this round. We're the same team and it'll take loads of luck and 10/11 of our guys at their peak for each match. Even the Cuba games.

Yeah, I am optimistic as usual--when will I learn?--but I have to agree that we are in for a dogfight next round. The only significant improvement is the addition of a healthy, nearly game-sharp Hutchinson, which is not insignificant. I don't mean to overstate things, but I think Canadian success is contingent on Hutch being fantastic. I mean, we need the whole team firing at 100%, but every successful team has an engine, and Atiba is the man.

Hainault---McKenna---Edgar---Klukowski

------Johnson---De Ro---Hutchinson-----

------Jackson--Occean----Simpson------ (the starting midfield/attacking 6 vs Greece last year)

This is how we should roll.

However, Hart will drop either Jackson or Occean and include De Guzman. That's how he will roll.

DeRo has been good for DC so far, playing AM and racked up 7 assists already. I'd like to see whether he can do the same thing for CMNT.

I think JDG will get start, just because Hart has a hard on for JDG, and he has been playing better last 3 games for TFC

------Jackson--Occean----Simpson------ (the starting midfield/attacking 6 vs Greece last year)

However, Hart will drop either Jackson or Occean and include De Guzman. That's how he will roll.

If Hart doesn't play this line up he is out of his mind. Will he play this line up? Probably not. He'll most likely go for the favored isolated forward up front which prohibits us from retaining possession (see the Armenia game).

In the MLS match today I liked De Guzman's longer range service, be it with free kicks or open play diagonal balls, but I honestly think the better defensive foundation in central midfield is with Hutchinson and Johnson and I think we'll need that against the likes Honduras and Panama, especially away. Speaking of Hondurans, young Najar got too much of the measure of Morgan today in 1 v 1 match ups. He also got beaten by De Ro on that first goal.

Edit: Also further speaking of Hondurans, I see that the vaunted Izaguirre is back in business for them in their training camp, so now I'm figuring that Johnson will indeed be used by Hart as the right wing/right midfield component to provide the RB with defensive support (much like he was used to help Ledgerwood to counteract Landycakes last year), so I'm pretty sure we'll see either Jackson or Occean dropped and De Guzman brought into the central midfield.

I'd like to see the above, with Hume coming on for Simpson, Ricketts for Jackson, ... and maybe JDG for Johnson (or an injury / yellow card substitution).

I'm really undecided as to who should be our starting keeper ... I go back and forth between Lars and Milan.

In the MLS match today I liked De Guzman's longer range service, be it with free kicks or open play diagonal balls, but I honestly think the better defensive foundation in central midfield is with Hutchinson and Johnson and I think we'll need that against the likes Honduras and Panama, especially away. Speaking of Hondurans, young Najar got too much of the measure of Morgan today in 1 v 1 match ups. He also got beaten by De Ro on that first goal.

Atiba and Will as DMs would be my choice as well. Than I think DeRo will start as the AM.

Julian will provide depth off the bench.

Jazic or Kluka should start at LB, Morgan isn't ready IMO.

I'd like to see the above, with Hume coming on for Simpson, Ricketts for Jackson, ... and maybe JDG for Johnson (or an injury / yellow card substitution).

I'm really undecided as to who should be our starting keeper ... I go back and forth between Lars and Milan.

Hume is a good guy to have against the States. Good agitator type.

Occean will play loads unless they make a bunch of signings.

Jakovic will join the team ... thus almost totally confirming Ledgerwood won't be in a match day 18 - thank goodness. I love the guy for his effort and commitment but if he's playing we have no business thinking of a World Cup. Barring his moving up significantly in club football.

Jakovic will join the team ... thus almost totally confirming Ledgerwood won't be in a match day 18 - thank goodness. I love the guy for his effort and commitment but if he's playing we have no business thinking of a World Cup. Barring his moving up significantly in club football.

Not sure his team can afford a lot of signings. Comparison...Fortuna Düsseldorf averaged 37000 butts in the seats. SpVgg Greuther Fürth has an arena CAPACITY of 15000...they did well to get to top flight, frankly!

Ledgerwood is 27. I don't think a big step forward club-wise is in the cards.

^exactly. Henry should have been called. Less experience but playing regularly at a higher level and just finished an outstanding u23 OQG performance.

I'm a big Henry fan and I think he will be a great defender in the future but even at the U23's was a good example of his huge upside along with his inexperience. On the Cuba goal and some of his defending at times is still very raw, he makes up for some of his mistakes with amazing athleticism. Time playing with his club is very valuable, being in a Canada camp would be valuable too but there will be time down the road, he is just beginning to grow into a role at TFC and won't be getting any minutes with Canada, better to leave him to develop and bring in the guys who will be called on in the next year, and especially with Jackovic with his injuries its important to get a look at him and see where he's at.

An unattached 17 year old (Piette) makes this preliminary roster? I'm starting to think Frank Yallop is picking the team.

With all due respect to Piette, who is surely talented, he has no business being on this roster, even if it is only preliminary.

An unattached 17 year old (Piette) makes this preliminary roster? I'm starting to think Frank Yallop is picking the team.

With all due respect to Piette, who is surely talented, he has no business being on this roster, even if it is only preliminary.

I'm curious to know how senior members of the squad feel about the selection.

Archived