Confirmed camp call-ups

Addona

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently I said something that pissed him off last time, but I can honestly say without fear of reproach that REB's comments read like the girl that is just waiting for the right reason to break up with you, the one who already thinks that she's better than you and will drive past your house in her next boyfriend's car just to misgudedly prove it to you if given half the chance.

Apparently I said something that pissed him off last time, but I can honestly say without fear of reproach that REB's comments read like the girl that is just waiting for the right reason to break up with you, the one who already thinks that she's better than you and will drive past your house in her next boyfriend's car just to misgudedly prove it to you if given half the chance.

Too much information!

Really hoping to see a couple of new young players on the roster.

It's quoted at multiple websites that his father is Canadian, (though I know there's been some confusion about his dad playing for UND) and I think Ethan Finlay from the Columbus Crew should get consideration as a reserve forward if he will join our program. Pretty much all of our regular MLS players are in contention for spots and he has become an MLS regular already in his rookie year.

It wouldn't hurt to bring him into the squad and get him familiar with the group and organization.

Really hoping to see a couple of new young players on the roster.

It's quoted at multiple websites that his father is Canadian, (though I know there's been some confusion about his dad playing for UND) and I think Ethan Finlay from the Columbus Crew should get consideration as a reserve forward if he will join our program. Pretty much all of our regular MLS players are in contention for spots and he has become an MLS regular already in his rookie year.

It wouldn't hurt to bring him into the squad and get him familiar with the group and organization.

Nobody new or unproven. This is WCQ, only the best available at every position.

There is this crazy little theory out there that says "if you want different results, you have to do things differently". Another favourite of mine is "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and hoping for different results". If we keep doing "same old same old" then that is exactly what we are going to get in return. It doesn't mean making stupid decisions, but if England can call a teenaged, unproven Oxlaide-Chamberland we can surely consider options other than a full dose of the same old. Why not take a chance on REB or an Aleman just to change up the mix?

There is this crazy little theory out there that says "if you want different results, you have to do things differently". Another favourite of mine is "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and hoping for different results". If we keep doing "same old same old" then that is exactly what we are going to get in return. It doesn't mean making stupid decisions, but if England can call a teenaged, unproven Oxlaide-Chamberland we can surely consider options other than a full dose of the same old. Why not take a chance on REB or an Aleman just to change up the mix?

Hey now you don't go 1-4-7 over the past two semi-final WCQ rounds without calling up only proven players.

IIRC in a New Year's thread I predicted that, if healthy/available, five of the six players in the starting line up in midfield/forward for the first two WCQ matches this June would be De Rosario, Hutchinson, Simpson, De Guzman, and Johnson, with a pick'em for the centre forward spot (Occean? Jackson?). I don't see any reason to change that prediction.

Nice to see very young newby Piette brought in. Pacheco gets another call up but he seems a hard guy to figure out: I mean, he didn't do enough to earn a starting spot ahead of Dunfield at the last GC, so I'm not sure what to make of him.

and then i found this:

This for real!!???

Me likey... more a comment on the presentation, I like how they've decided to own the moment. Change the culture indeed!!

I am very surprised by the inclusion of Piette considering the previously stated Hart Mantra of 'calling players who play a lot' but I guess he's shown well. Tough on Dunfield, he made some tough choices to try and get with the CMNT, and I think he's played ok lately, very aware, if not quick.

Otherwise, pretty much the squad I would expect to see out there. Very excited.

I think he has a bright future and all but i'm sure there are a few guys out there who can be more useful than a academy player.

Don't be fooled by his club status, the kid can play. The only reason he isn't with a European club yet is because he is 17 and can't sign a pro deal until he is 18 as he doesn't have a Euro passport.

Guest soccer1

What the hell are you talking about?He can "sign" anything he wants,once he is 16 years old...Since he is in France already,it means that either all of his parents or he has an EU citizenship,are there already...

What the hell are you talking about?He can "sign" anything he wants,once he is 16 years old...Since he is in France already,it means that either all of his parents or he has an EU citizenship,are there already...

Not everyone has a European passport Miro, certainly Piette does not and that is why he cannot sign until he is 18 years old according to FIFA rules. The rule for 16 year olds moving between European countries is a UEFA rule, for those with EU passports. He is in France on "training" stints on a series of visas because he cannot stay for an extended period of time. His principle club was not FC Metz, but Boisbriand back in PQ.

Archived