Confirmed camp call-ups

Addona

I wish we could give Pedro Pacheco another look, but the Portuguese 2nd Div. doesn't instill the greatest of confidence in me for level of play. Knowing that Andre's dad is reading the board always reminds me that sometimes the players read the board, and that everything said on here has to be done so with careful word selection as to not make anyone angry. I remember the REB incident, although that one was rather hilarious.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no way johnson starts ahead of JDG.....wont happen.

did i miss something?....whats this about Samuel Piette at Fortuna Dusseldorf?

I found this...

http://liga-zwei.de/fortuna-dusseldorf-kanadisches-talent-samuel-piette-im-probetraining/5253

Translation...

Although currently the focus is clearly on the struggle for promotion to the Bundesliga, Fortuna also uses the opportunity to sift through the training potential reinforcements for the future. Currently presents with Samuel Piette a talent before the junior team of the French second division club FC Metz in Dusseldorf.

The 17-year-old is regarded as highly taxed, which is also made clear that he is one, despite his young age, to the wider circle of the national team of Canada and was allowed to train until last week, along with seasoned pros like Julian de Guzman and Kevin McKenna.

For Dusseldorf would Piette, who is defensively versatile, but has its strengths as a central defense against the six, but rather an investment in the future, he can convince coach Norbert Meier in training. To what extent would cost Piette release is not yet known, but it can be assumed that the four-time Canadian U17 national team would have to have very low burden on the budget and would barely.

Me to REB "So if Ghana called you up, you would accept?" REB to me "no comment to that"

he also said if the reason he wasn't called was due to his U23 thing then he doesn't want to play for Canada as that is a stupid reason. He isn't proud of it, but it's football's emotions

I don't read Portugese, so I don't know if this says that Pacecho was called up, or is disappointed that he wasn't. But it is the first thing you see on the Santa Clara website, which is pretty decent exposure. Though I suppose it helps that he is the team Captain.

http://www.cdsantaclara.pt/noticiasdetalhes.php?idexterno=1249

Pacecho has been called, here's a translation of the article you posted...

East of Santa Clara was summoned by coach of Canada for the three games that the selection will take place in June. Two of these matches are to qualify for the 2014 World Cup. The good performances of Pedro Pacheco's professional team in Santa Clara earned him a call over the selection of Canada. Our player and team captain is among the invited Stephan Hart for the three challenges that Canadian selected will compete in June. The first, scheduled for three days, is a game in a personal capacity against the United States of America that serve as preparation for the two subsequent meetings, these more serious and may put our captain on the route of the main stage of world football. On 8 and June 12 the selection of Canada will meet counterparts from Cuba (off) and Honduras (home), date marking the start of the stage of qualifying for the 2014 World Cup. Panama is another selection that Canadians will face in Group C qualification of North America, Central and Caribbean.

Me to REB "So if Ghana called you up, you would accept?" REB to me "no comment to that"

he also said if the reason he wasn't called was due to his U23 thing then he doesn't want to play for Canada as that is a stupid reason. He isn't proud of it, but it's football's emotions

Tuscan you jinxed it!

I don't have twitter so let him know we support him and that we hope he'll be called up for the possible Aug 15th friendly and the Sept games against Panama.

I like it when a player gets pissed about not getting a call-up. It shows they want to play for Canada and help Canada win. What I really don't appreciate is veiled threats about jumping ship to play for another country. Very poor form IMO.

Well said.

I like it when a player gets pissed about not getting a call-up. It shows they want to play for Canada and help Canada win. What I really don't appreciate is veiled threats about jumping ship to play for another country. Very poor form IMO.

+1

Winners are upset are when they lose, when they don't make the squad, when they have a setback. They get mad, they look themselves in the mirror, do whatever they can to improve and prove those who didn't rate them wrong.

They don't act like the world is against them and look for the easy way out because they faced some adversity. We will never win with that kind of character. I love REB's skill, his fire, his intensity. I want to him to show the character and desire to be great for Canada and help us be successful on the international stage. How rewarding would that be!

If the U23 incident is the stated reason for Randy's omission, than that is poor on the part of Hart. But I'm also not convinced that REB has done enough yet to be part of the squad on merit and form. He's had only half a year in a decent league, and failed to score or even get on the pitch much.

If the U23 incident is the stated reason for Randy's omission, than that is poor on the part of Hart. But I'm also not convinced that REB has done enough yet to be part of the squad on merit and form. He's had only half a year in a decent league, and failed to score or even get on the pitch much.

Yes the main reason to call him would be lack of performance by other strikers not anything he has done so far to deserve it. Not downplaying the good year he had in Finland or the impressive trial and transfer but a player needs to be playing regularly and scoring at B2 level before they deserve a call up. His speed of the bench could be a threat but Ricketts offers the exact same thing and Ricketts is not an automatic selection either. Still it seems to me like Hart should be in better communication with REB at this point and explain his role/future with the team even if he is not selected.

Based on what we already know here is my crack at the 22 I think Hart will take:

Keepers:

Hirschfeld

Borjan

Defenders:

Edgar

Hainault

McKenna

Jakovic

Klukowski

Jazic

Morgan

Straith