WCQ Location Predictions

lupien

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look I hate Vancouver as much as the next guy, but honestly I feel for anyone out there who doesn't get a game. More than that, I applaud anyone from anywhere who decides to travel for a game, especially those who do it repeatedly. it's the height of dedication amongst Vee's and should be recognized.

That being said, as frivolous as you feel the complaints of why games can't be in Vancouver may be, the people in charge of the decisions are going to with those close to them. Players have sway, and happy players and happy clubs are better than a distraction. Also, I feel we should pander to guys that can make our team better. Until we are good enough to draw a line in the sand.

Is it fair to those out west? Not at all? But you can hardly blame anyone out east.

Besides, if they didn't mind turf, I'd say we should take them to St. John's to play at KGVP. 10,000, all our own, three points.

Quick, let's run our national team for the benefit of people who don't want to play for us? Who haven't shown up for games in Toronto before but will totally do it this time if we pathetically abase ourselves before them enough? 14 million people can **** off; Junior Hoilett's butt hurts?

Who says Torontonians are arrogant?

Perhaps a few fewer wine coolers before typing would help the coherence of your posts.

Getting players to come is more than eligibility and desire to represent our country. Once long term contracts are in place for hoilett and renewing a passport for Jono is done, cant you see putting an opportunity to play in front of family might be a draw for them? And going to plastic might actually deter some existing players from coming let alone potential players?

Btw that chip on your shoulder can be removed but you just have to get over the last WCQ roster had 9 of 18 being from the GTA

Look I hate Vancouver as much as the next guy, but honestly I feel for anyone out there who doesn't get a game. More than that, I applaud anyone from anywhere who decides to travel for a game, especially those who do it repeatedly. it's the height of dedication amongst Vee's and should be recognized.

That being said, as frivolous as you feel the complaints of why games can't be in Vancouver may be, the people in charge of the decisions are going to with those close to them. Players have sway, and happy players and happy clubs are better than a distraction. Also, I feel we should pander to guys that can make our team better. Until we are good enough to draw a line in the sand.

Is it fair to those out west? Not at all? But you can hardly blame anyone out east.

Besides, if they didn't mind turf, I'd say we should take them to St. John's to play at KGVP. 10,000, all our own, three points.

You're a total goof. Your sig shows what a tosser you really are. Now, I am not from Vancouver and don't care what anyone says about it no sweat off my balls. But, start slamming the whole province because you're some blue noser who wants to suck hole Toronto. This will be my last post here, this thread has turned me off this webpage.

You're a total goof. Your sig shows what a tosser you really are. Now, I am not from Vancouver and don't care what anyone says about it no sweat off my balls. But, start slamming the whole province because you're some blue noser who wants to suck hole Toronto. This will be my last post here, this thread has turned me off this webpage.

What was so awful about that post?

Normally I love the lack of Moncton in most conversations, but I agree. Moncton is a place where an event like this would not get lost in the clutter of "having better things to do". It's the "taking a gamble when the stakes are really high" that I worry about.

I also wonder what in this post caused the freak out? If you're being facetious then you've pulled the wool over my eyes. Never like to see a post end the way this one did.

You know what, circumstances are the way they ****ing are right now, and unfortunately no one west of Thunder Bay is going to have a CMNT game this summer. I wish that wasn't so, because I really want to see the guys from Van and Vic I met in Edmonton in '08 again as I still owe Devon Rowcliff a large bottle of whit beer for the one he gave me at whatshisface's condo. Christ I spilled so much of that, I was very green around the ears for that one and had no idea how to handle such an anti-shakeable beer type. Regardless, this thread shouldn't be about West vs. East, it should be about North vs. South, as in, Canada from coast to coast vs. Central American scum. Diving, ****head scum.

........ this thread shouldn't be about West vs. East, it should be about North vs. South, as in, Canada from coast to coast vs. Central American scum. Diving, ****head scum.

This x 1000000000000000000000000

We don't have enough V's and supporters to piss each other off. There will be times when no games in Toronto (how many years in a row before BMO was built?) and there will be times when there are no games in Vancouver or Moncton or Edmonton.

However, if we stick together, grow the support and get more games in Canada in general then it's a good thing isn't it? I don't care where they play if they keep winning and advance cuz its damn sure that there won't ever be a HOME Men's World Cup Game in Toronto or Vancouver anywhere soon and we ALL will have to go on the road for that one..

This x 1000000000000000000000000

We don't have enough V's and supporters to piss each other off. There will be times when no games in Toronto (how many years in a row before BMO was built?) and there will be times when there are no games in Vancouver or Moncton or Edmonton.

However, if we stick together, grow the support and get more games in Canada in general then it's a good thing isn't it? I don't care where they play if they keep winning and advance cuz its damn sure that there won't ever be a HOME Men's World Cup Game in Toronto or Vancouver anywhere soon and we ALL will have to go on the road for that one..

Hey DontPanic ... did you get my PM ... not sure if you check or not.

It never ceases to amaze me how these threads can turn into a Vancouver vs Toronto, East vs West pissing match for some! As Dont Panic says, we don't have enough Voyageurs to be divided, FWIW I didn't see enough in Califax's post to set off our Betterredthandead friend but apparently he did! These games will be located where the CSA and players see fit to hold them and there is nothing any of us can do about it other than get behind the team and show up in numbers wherever it may be played!

I've never really understood why it gets vile towards one city or the other.

Why slag any city for attendance, it's not the supporters fault, we do show up...there just isn't enough of us. Not any fault of any supporter for doing their part so why get mad at them?

At the end of the day, everyone just wants the game in a place they can see it, that's really all it's about. Sorry for your luck to those who reside in our massive country that don't live near the national team's stadium or regularly chosen sites for CMNT matches, it's nobody on this boards fault if you're not getting what you want...so why be mad at each other here?

How about get over it. Who cares where it is. The last three MNT games I saw I had to travel so people need to get over this hangup. If you support the team and like to leave the wife, girlfriend, kids or whatever for a well deserved party - then go to a game and make it a "road trip". No better way to travel or feel the camaraderie than sharing a pint with all the rest of the sad sacks here - from coast to fricken coast.

Like Tuscan said. Let's worry about out-singing everyone south of us who dares enter our homeland to cheer for some other colour combination than red and white.

Look, I apologize. The barbs fly back and forth and without actual face time with a lot of the boys on here, threads get out of hand. I have both instigated and poked with a stick, and with the exception of a few occasions where I lost my cool, my tongue is always planted firmly in cheek, my signature included. I certainly wouldn't expect or wish for anyone to stop coming here based on something I said, in jest or otherwise.

I wish everyone could have games, and if they can't, I wish they could have some sway over where games are played. But when neither of those things happen, it's pointless to blame supporters in other parts of the country. It really is.

I hope the Sept. 7th game is in T.O because I am flying there with my family on the 4th and would love to go to my first Canada game! How much are voyageurs' section tickets?

Should be inline with last game which were $20 or $18.

Might be slightly more... even though the significance of this round is increased, the draw of the opponents has not. They should not price it any differently.... but likely will.

Will announce ticketing plan on the 3rd.

Archived