Tam nsaliwa

JAVIERF

And JBB is still young at 22 and never rode the pine, he always put himself in a situation where he saw the field regularly. The guy has a future with the nats for sure.

Sadly, this is not a good statement about the depth of talent available to the CMNT. I'm not a JBB fan.

Did CMNT miss out when Nsaliwa had to choose his career over country? Yes, for sure. BUT, he is CURRENTLY third tier. JBB has no business in the CMNT, nor does probably Dunfield....I'd, to be honest, rather see youngsters playing high levels (actually playing, not riding pine) such as GAGE (having a hard time finding stats on Reading reserve team in general - have to subscribe to their team site which costs 10 pounds!). Or certainly a guy like Haber who appears to be heavily involved with St.J's first team....(ie, playing and starting v. Celtic in that famous win).

I wish Nsaliwa hadn't left but it's highly doubtful he brings much of anything to the program now.

Maybe you are third tier. Tam is not, nor has ever been since breaking out of the lower divisions in Germany.

Tam last played in Spanish 2nd division. Take that over MLS any day.

He was announced officially to have signed for Betis, a powerhouse now back in top flight, just half a year ago. Administrative problems he seems to have brought on himself robbed him of that opportunity. Tam at Betis is as good as Jonathan de G at Mallorca, I know what I am saying (Betis is a more substantial club than Mallorca). Scroll back half a year and that is where he was, and the true test of his level. Scouts and coaches at Betis, I trust them on the call. A player who was ready for top flight, as he was in Greece when I saw him playing in the Europa league, and well.

I have no doubt Tam could be back playing in 2nd tier of a top league in a flash, but just do not know what his state of mind is after suffering so many admin hassles and setbacks. The music, which I also find pretty damn good, suggests he has considered giving up on his footie career.

Maybe you are third tier. Tam is not, nor has ever been since breaking out of the lower divisions in Germany.

Tam last played in Spanish 2nd division. Take that over MLS any day.

He was announced officially to have signed for Betis, a powerhouse now back in top flight, just half a year ago. Administrative problems he seems to have brought on himself robbed him of that opportunity. Tam at Betis is as good as Jonathan de G at Mallorca, I know what I am saying (Betis is a more substantial club than Mallorca). Scroll back half a year and that is where he was, and the true test of his level. Scouts and coaches at Betis, I trust them on the call. A player who was ready for top flight, as he was in Greece when I saw him playing in the Europa league, and well.

I have no doubt Tam could be back playing in 2nd tier of a top league in a flash, but just do not know what his state of mind is after suffering so many admin hassles and setbacks. The music, which I also find pretty damn good, suggests he has considered giving up on his footie career.

Erm, settle down dude. Just a mistake! And yes, 2nd tier Spain is superior to MLS. 3rd tier....erm, no.

However, what Tam USED to play has no bearing on right now. If he gets his Canadian citizenship back he only has a place in the Nats if he is playing a good level. Radz used to play EPL but he has no place in the first team either NOW.

He was announced officially to have signed for Betis, a powerhouse now back in top flight, just half a year ago. Administrative problems he seems to have brought on himself robbed him of that opportunity.
I've seen news stories that said they were going to sign him but failed to reach an agreement and that his medical found cardiac anomalies. He's now suing them.

Can you elaborate on the "administrative problems" with Betis?

FWIW Tam who I have spoke to a few times, said he hated the time at his last club and was never given a real chance to shine making only 1 start. He was treated very badly there and was very happy to leave. ATM he is just enjoying life and if a club become interested I'm sure he will consider them.

• 4 months later...

First I am surprised a Betis reporter would do this so long after the events.

I am not surprised about the physical not going well in Seville, probably someone wanted to spend the money to give another player's agent the commission, or something odd. Sounds like a dispute that was internal and Tam got blindsided by it.

Second, whatever he says, when you are without a team as a pro player your agent gets you another. He says that he had a chance to go to Elfsborg and that is was a higher level than Ponferradina. Well, then go to Sweden if you think that is better, if Sweden is better than 2nd division Spain. If the player is fit, without a contract, thinks he is good enough to be in the top flight of a major league, then the problem does not belong to everyone else, at least not totally.

Finally, I can't say if the Ponferradina is a poorly run team. It is very modest and gets results that are decent. The coach has stayed (Barragán was a Spanish international and no slouch as a player at least), they are 2nd in their their third tier division behind Mirandes who are in the Cup semis, while they got through 3 Cup rounds before being knocked out by Madrid. He is obviously not that bad a coach and I think they would always be a bit over their head in 2nd division. Of course in Spain there is no money in third tier, so there was no way Tam could have continued there.

My conclusion: you have a crappy agent Tam, or have not negotiated properly for yourself. Maybe you are ill-advised, or perhaps you don't pay attention to the advice you get. But it sure sounds you could use some decent professional help. Like an agent, and then a psychologist.

^^^should i try to twitter this feed to tam directly?

he seems to spend time responding to ppl.

No need to rub it in. This is a fan forum, when players get involved they often get (feelings) hurt. All I am saying is that he must have been terribly disappointed by not being signed by Betis, and then with not getting time or respect at Ponferradina. But hey, he was signed when the team was dead last in 2nd div with a long way to go to not relegate, it was an impossible circumstance and a hugely risky bet on his part. I almost think they did him a favour, no one could say he was responsible for them going down, he came out clean from that mess.

But he did not think so, he came out in a mess. All I am saying is that a good part of that mess is his own doing, like with his nationality problems. This guy has either a poor agent, gets bad advice, has unwise personal relationships not helping, or a combination of all three, plus the bad luck. Arguing that a team in a town of 70000 with a stadium holding 10 thousand that signs him when at the very bottom of a league already over their head, and with only a dozen games left someone screwed him over, is even silly.

Saying: if you are good go get a team already and shut up.

^^^should i try to twitter this feed to tam directly?

he seems to spend time responding to ppl.

No need to rub it in. This is a fan forum, when players get involved they often get (feelings) hurt. All I am saying is that he must have been terribly disappointed by not being signed by Betis, and then with not getting time or respect at Ponferradina. But hey, he was signed when the team was dead last in 2nd div with a long way to go to not relegate, it was an impossible circumstance and a hugely risky bet on his part. I almost think they did him a favour, no one could say he was responsible for them going down, he came out clean from that mess.

But he did not think so, he came out in a mess. All I am saying is that a good part of that mess is his own doing, like with his nationality problems. This guy has either a poor agent, gets bad advice, has unwise personal relationships not helping, or a combination of all three, plus the bad luck. Arguing that a team in a town of 70000 with a stadium holding 10 thousand that signs him when at the very bottom of a league already over their head, and with only a dozen games left, somehow screwed him over, is even silly.

Saying: if you are good go get a team already and shut up.

I guess. It does say he has had chances to play in lower divisions but he's gutted about his last experiences with football it seems.

Don't know. I just always liked what I saw and it seems he's both loved and hated in Greece, so maybe there's more to it. Or the standards in Greece are just that low perhaps

I think he should check out MLS. I mean half the problem here seems like everywhere he looks the clubs are incredibly unstable.

He's probably got another five years left on the clock or so, why not come back to Canada and play close to home? Better than sitting on the couch waiting for someone to call.

^ If he wants a country known for cultural acceptance and financial stability, he should look to the Turkish league.

if he wants to get paid consistently, Turkey isn't the place to be these days (actually a lot of European clubs / leagues are a mess in that regard these days

soccer is the "beautiful game" but the business of soccer is far from beautiful a lot of the time. Hopefully Tam maintains his fitness and, more important, his passion to play. The longer he doesn't play, the harder it is going to be for him to get back in at a good level. MLS might actually be the right place to land at this time

First I am surprised a Betis reporter would do this so long after the events.

I am not surprised about the physical not going well in Seville, probably someone wanted to spend the money to give another player's agent the commission, or something odd. Sounds like a dispute that was internal and Tam got blindsided by it.

Second, whatever he says, when you are without a team as a pro player your agent gets you another. He says that he had a chance to go to Elfsborg and that is was a higher level than Ponferradina. Well, then go to Sweden if you think that is better, if Sweden is better than 2nd division Spain. If the player is fit, without a contract, thinks he is good enough to be in the top flight of a major league, then the problem does not belong to everyone else, at least not totally.

Finally, I can't say if the Ponferradina is a poorly run team. It is very modest and gets results that are decent. The coach has stayed (Barragán was a Spanish international and no slouch as a player at least), they are 2nd in their their third tier division behind Mirandes who are in the Cup semis, while they got through 3 Cup rounds before being knocked out by Madrid. He is obviously not that bad a coach and I think they would always be a bit over their head in 2nd division. Of course in Spain there is no money in third tier, so there was no way Tam could have continued there.

My conclusion: you have a crappy agent Tam, or have not negotiated properly for yourself. Maybe you are ill-advised, or perhaps you don't pay attention to the advice you get. But it sure sounds you could use some decent professional help. Like an agent, and then a psychologist.

That last sentence was over the top. Tam deserves better than that.

if he wants to get paid consistently, Turkey isn't the place to be these days (actually a lot of European clubs / leagues are a mess in that regard these days

soccer is the "beautiful game" but the business of soccer is far from beautiful a lot of the time. Hopefully Tam maintains his fitness and, more important, his passion to play. The longer he doesn't play, the harder it is going to be for him to get back in at a good level. MLS might actually be the right place to land at this time

I totally agree. My comments were entirely in jest.

• 3 years later...

From a couple of years ago but it appeared in my youtube feed, so I watched it again and saw a couple of Canadians (or kinda Canadians)

2:26 - Jonathon De Guzman (Black T, Blue hat backwards and red belt)

2:56 - Atiba Hutchinson (Grey sweater, Jeans)

Archived