I know there was a thread that included a futsal portion but I think this sport definitely deserves its own. Hopefully the Mod's will agree :)

Anyways, a player from Etobicoke and now residing in Tottenham, ONT, Roy Blanche, just signed what is believed to be the first futsal contract for a Canadian born player. He signed with QTel Business Solutions of Qatar. He is the starting goalie for the Brampton Lions in the CSL but has extensive futsal experience here and abroad.

http://www.futsalcanada.ca/index.php/news/canadian-futsal-news/317-futsal-canadas-roy-blanche-signs-pro-contract-in-qatar

We are also going to see an emergence of new leagues in 3 non-traditional futsal provinces so stay tuned for that news this month.

Great news. Cat like reflexes on that one. This will be an excellent way for him to take his game to the next level.

His plans for after the tournament was rather simple;

"I just want to make the Canadian team, put on the red and white jersey and go beat the rest of CONCACAF so we can get to the World Cup in Thailand. That would make all the training, the travel, and the sacrifice worth every it. I'm doing pretty well so far over here and hopefully with a few more solid performances it will open new doors for me."

3 non-traditional provinces? Hmm so rule out BC and Ontario. Quebec? Alberta?

I won't divulge just yet (give me another 3-4 weeks for the lawyers to go through the motions) but rest assured your hometown will have a futsal league for this upcoming season ;)

In fact, we're going to fly Roy out there when his contract is up to conduct a clinic for coaches to help them get established properly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just want to say thank you to Socceronly and the rest of V's for all the years of literally being the power engine behind fan culture and national team support. Now, in 2012, I get to see a forum dedicated to the sport that I love above all and now get to enjoy watching other V's learn about and get hooked on it.

Frosty pint is now a frosty jug and wings pal.

Hey thanks for pointing that out as the website had it online but not with the publish feature. The standings are now up and the remainder of the January schedule (Double-header at Hershey Centre Saturday 28th starting at 4pm, 2nd game at 5:30pm + London Athletic's 1st home game at 6:30pm at Clarke Road) is on there as well.

Little by little over the next week we'll have full picture galleries in addition to player interviews, highlight videos will be posted too so stay tuned for that.

Here are the next 2 weeks worth of games. You can check the CPFL standings etc on the CPFL section at www.futsalcanada.ca now.

Saturday January 28th:

Hershey Centre (MISS) 4pm: Mississauga Eagles vs Toronto Boca Juniors

Hershey Centre (MISS) 5:30pm: Brampton City United vs Real Toronto

Clarke Road (LON) 6:30pm: London Athletic vs Barrie Futsal Club

Saturday February 4th:

Clarke Road SS (LON) 6:30pm: London Athletic vs Brampton City United

Seneca College (TOR) 6:30pm: Real Toronto vs Mississauga Eagles

Seneca College (TOR) 8pm: Toronto Boca Juniors vs York Region Shooters

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived