Shaun Saiko

Keegan

He had a tough game last match but he shows signs. He's very young still and he has big potential. They put him in the back(Jonke was out but also maybe as a lesson to Suprenant-who has been a bit sloppy back there at times). Saler is still only a '92, in year or two, he could be a real asset.

I like the way you refrence the Lads' ages in a similar vain to a Fine Wine...Or a Classic Motor....Nice touch that.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He had a tough game last match but he shows signs. He's very young still and he has big potential. They put him in the back(Jonke was out but also maybe as a lesson to Suprenant-who has been a bit sloppy back there at times). Saler is still only a '92, in year or two, he could be a real asset.

In a year or two he is still only going to be a '92 :P

But yeah, I like how Edmonton is operating with such a young team that has a lot of upside

Hamilton to Scandanavia? Why?

Have you not heard his dads accent? It totally audible in some of the web steams. Apparently, they are going to fit him with a bleep button him for next season.

Surley Scottish football would give him a equally competative opertunity, without significant relocation issues. Unless of course were worried about him doing an O*** H*******, when (if) he goes there. Technically he is half scottish, unless his dads Scottish accent is a total throwback.

Hammy Sr. is from Yorkshire but with Scottish roots, so make of that what you will. I'd love a Hammy Sr. cam for the webcast. We can all watch him giving it to the ref and Mrs. Hammy cringing at the same time.

Seriously, that family is salt of the earth.

I think you might be off here too. If you look at the tables in Sweden, Norway and Denmark, there is a lot more parity than in Scotland. Copenhagen has owned the Danish league but Brondby, Odense and Aalborg are never far off. In Norway any one of half a dozen clubs are serious contenders(Rosenborg, Molde, Strabaek, Tromso, Valerenga, Brann...) In Sweden, the same thing, in fact, I think they've had a different league champion for the last 5 or six seasons.

OK, I checked it... In Sweden, they've had 8 different clubs as league champions since 2000.

In Norway, four different clubs have been champions in that span.

In Denmark, Four different champions since 2000.

In Scotland, you have to go back til 1984-85, when Aberdeen won a title to find a club other than Rangers or Celtic.

"Copenhagen has owned the Danish league but Brondby, Odense and Aalborg are never far off."

They were miles behind last season - I think the gap between Copenhagen and Odense was more than 20 points. There is much more money in Scotland than in the Scando leagues. Unfortunately, it's concentrated in two teams.

Places like Scandinavia, the Balkans, etc need super leagues if they ever going to stop the widening of the financial gap between them and the wealthy leagues of Europe.

I like the way you refrence the Lads' ages in a similar vain to a Fine Wine...Or a Classic Motor....Nice touch that.

That is a standard way of describing soccer players ages. They grow up being divided along year of birth lines. There's an old joke

Q) How do you know you are a soccer parent?

A) When asked how old you kids are you reply "He's a 97 and she's a 99".

That is a standard way of describing soccer players ages. They grow up being divided along year of birth lines. There's an old joke

Q) How do you know you are a soccer parent?

A) When asked how old you kids are you reply "He's a 97 and she's a 99".

Its new to me but I like it.

• 3 weeks later...

The new dutch guy, Van Leerdam isn't working and he's playing in Saiko's spot. Our record since his arrival has been pretty terrible. I'm sure he's getting big bucks and the investment is what is keeping him in there but it's a noticeable difference. Van Leerdam plays like it's a pickup game with some pals in the park. Saiko still managed to nab a goal against Atlanta but we lose a lot without him as our general. Two huge matches in Puerto Rico to come and I think if Van Leerdam can't step it up, he should be riding pine.

Agreed to a point. I think both players had an excellent game on Sunday. Saiko obviously had a goal and was dangerous quite often. Van Leerdam was also quite impressive to me, as he had several good chances and was floating in the midfield a whole bunch. Much better game for him compared to the last several (maybe he was warned about being benched?).

Saiko had a suspension to serve so all the blame can't be placed on Van Leerdam. There are a few players for FCE who are still young and a little overly aggressive/easily frustrated at times (I'm looking at you Suprenant!!!)

Agreed to a point. I think both players had an excellent game on Sunday. Saiko obviously had a goal and was dangerous quite often. Van Leerdam was also quite impressive to me, as he had several good chances and was floating in the midfield a whole bunch. Much better game for him compared to the last several (maybe he was warned about being benched?).

Saiko had a suspension to serve so all the blame can't be placed on Van Leerdam. There are a few players for FCE who are still young and a little overly aggressive/easily frustrated at times (I'm looking at you Suprenant!!!)

The whole team played really well on Sunday. But it was Atlanta. And that first half wasn't all that fantastic. It was Van Leerdam's best game and it's too bad he didn't get that goal, it would have been a beauty. I really think it has to come down to the Puerto Rico trip for him. I hope he puts on a show and we nab some points.

The whole team played really well on Sunday. But it was Atlanta. And that first half wasn't all that fantastic. It was Van Leerdam's best game and it's too bad he didn't get that goal, it would have been a beauty. I really think it has to come down to the Puerto Rico trip for him. I hope he puts on a show and we nab some points.

Any problems raised with the PRI game with regards to Irene's current path?

* For those not following the News: Irene's Path refers to the Hurricane and not the state of the weedy pavement that sits in the front yard of the House belonging to Van Leerdam's 's landlady which he promised to clean for her if he had a free weekend, apparently.

Archived