Pardon my ignorance, but what's FIGC?

Regardless, you're entitled to your opinion. Respectfully,

and from a graphical perspective, any change for the sake of change

may not bring the preferred result.

BTW, what's the big deal with no goals in 86? I think, with the

group we had (USSR, France, and Hungary), we got respect. What

kind of respect do we get with a snazzy logo, but failing to make

it to the hex?

Fix the team, not the logo. Spend the money where we need it.

Italy

I like your first design, and I'm glad to see this thread. I started a topic on the same subject a few months ago. We need a complete (and cheap) redesign on our logo and kits in my opinion.

Lots of guys in this forum think the relatively petty millions the CSA has in their budget could be spent in much better things. They're wrong. Having recognizable national kits sold in department stores would be a step forward in creating some sort of image for the team as well as revenue for our system. Getting the attention and dollars of sport fans, athletes, and moms across the country is the best way to create money for this sport and our national team.

There's really nothing much we can do with the tiny amount of money the CSA has anyhow. Marketing a good symbol when there's an underachieving team behind it can generate money, just look at the Leafs.

I like your first design, and I'm glad to see this thread. I started a topic on the same subject a few months ago. We need a complete (and cheap) redesign on our logo and kits in my opinion.

Lots of guys in this forum think the relatively petty millions the CSA has in their budget could be spent in much better things. They're wrong. Having recognizable national kits sold in department stores would be a step forward in creating some sort of image for the team as well as revenue for our system. Getting the attention and dollars of sport fans, athletes, and moms across the country is the best way to create money for this sport and our national team.

There's really nothing much we can do with the tiny amount of money the CSA has anyhow. Marketing a good symbol when there's an underachieving team behind it can generate money, just look at the Leafs.

1. I agree that almost anything would be an improvement over that thing we have now. It reminds me of Expo 86. Even if we think of that time as the best for Canadian footie, it looks dated. At least we don't have something like Spain's that looks as if it was designed by a blind four-year-old.

2. I like your first design but would like to see a bilingual version. (I would also like to see the CSA changed to the CFA).

Ok, if the national crest is going to be changed, it has to be changed along with the organization it represents.

As much as I would like to see our current crest change, as I see it representing the incompetence and failure of the current organization and state of things for our Nat. programs, changing the crest will be a waste of money and time unless it happens along with a change in the organization.

I think your first design with "Canada" written instead of "Canadian Soccer Association" would look great. Why waste a good crest on a poor organization?

quote:Originally posted by Toronto Ruffrider

I think sergiop3's crest looks great, minus the CSA name of course. That said, I wonder how a modified coat-of-arms crest would look for our NTs.

447px-Coat_of_arms_of_Canada.svg.png

Dude! you must have been reading my mind! Before I made the logo, i was looking at that coat of arms thinking how nice that alone would be on the jersey, I wish thats what they would do! Other countries have done it (i.e. Spain, Wales, etc)

That would look great

quote:Originally posted by Eric

Yeah!!!

specially when printed in smaller sizes.. maybe a more simplified version of that could be the answer, just like Holland, Spain (the old one) Czech Republic, etc

I'm so down with that...what does everyone else think???

YES! I've always thought that was a great idea (especially when it was my idea) but I didn't think anyone else would agree with me for some reason. Anyway...how about a vote? (not that our opinion matters to the powers that be apparently)

1. The coat of arms

2. Modified (simplified)coat of arms

3. Current CSA thing

4. Sergio's crest (I really like the leaf)

5. Beaver

6. A photo of Knowlton Nash

7. Other

quote:Originally posted by Tintin

YES! I've always thought that was a great idea (especially when it was my idea) but I didn't think anyone else would agree with me for some reason. Anyway...how about a vote? (not that our opinion matters to the powers that be apparently)

1. The coat of arms

2. Modified (simplified)coat of arms

3. Current CSA thing

4. Sergio's crest (I really like the leaf)

5. Beaver

6. A photo of Knowlton Nash

7. Other

7. Other - A vortex of water going down the drain .....

or is that too close to reality :(

I think it's great too (I made a topic a few months ago about this and brought up our crest as well). I do think that a different crest could be drawn up, one that pays respects to the countries that make Canada what it is today. That's not to say that ours is outdated, but with all of the positive impact that Canadians with foreign ancestory outside of France and the British Isles have had on the game, I think that a more worldly crest might be the better choice.

At least everyone here agrees that our current logo is garbage!!!

Also, I hate to repeat myself, but why as Canadian soccer fans do we feel like we have to call the game Football? We're not the only ones who do this. It's a legitamite name for the game and it comes from Britian. We have a game here called football. We have a league named after it. Let's have some self respect and conform just because the Brits call it something else and many other countries have followed suit.

List of countries that also call it soccer?

United States

Australia

New Zealand

Ireland

Yes, Ireland. If the Irish can call it soccer, then so the hell can we.

I think it's great too (I made a topic a few months ago about this and brought up our crest as well). I do think that a different crest could be drawn up, one that pays respects to the countries that make Canada what it is today. That's not to say that ours is outdated, but with all of the positive impact that Canadians with foreign ancestory outside of France and the British Isles have had on the game, I think that a more worldly crest might be the better choice.

At least everyone here agrees that our current logo is garbage!!!

Also, I hate to repeat myself, but why as Canadian soccer fans do we feel like we have to call the game Football? We're not the only ones who do this. It's a legitamite name for the game and it comes from Britian. We have a game here called football. We have a league named after it. Let's have some self respect and conform just because the Brits call it something else and many other countries have followed suit.

List of countries that also call it soccer?

United States

Australia

New Zealand

Ireland

Yes, Ireland. If the Irish can call it soccer, then so the hell can we.

Well... I don't love American/Canadian Football, but I sure do respect the NFL and to a smaller extent the CFL. If the soccer leagues of Europe had half of the rules and sportsmanship of the NFL then we wouldn't have a small group of monster rich clubs dominating everything in sight.

So again, lets maintain our self respect and not insult North American Football just because we want people overseas to have more respect for our SOCCER.

• 2 weeks later...

Sergiop3, any chance of creating another image of your logo actually integrated onto a red kit? Something that we could send to the CSA? I'm sure that Addidas will design us a new kit for the Gold Cup (or at least I certainly hope so). Let's see if we can put some pressure on the CSA.

Archived