Diesel quits Spurs

Cheeta

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Wikipedia is the fattest thing on the web....when John Amaechi announced he was gay, the List of gay and black sportspeople was updated 2 min after the announcement...

Anyways, good luck to Paul with BM. Hope he can save them from relegation!

Wiki is pretty amazing! Best of luck Paul!

From Sporting-Life

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/08/12/22/SOCCER_Stalteri.html

German Bundesliga strugglers Borussia Monchengladbach have snapped up full-back Paul Stalteri following his release from Tottenham.

The Canada captain had his contract with Spurs cancelled by mutual consent on Sunday and has wasted little time in securing a move back to Germany, signing a two-and-a-half-year deal with Monchengladbach.

The 31-year-old made 151 appearances in seven years for Werder Bremen before moving to White Hart Lane in 2005.

He was a regular first-team starter in his first season in England but then struggled to keep his place, leading him to join Fulham on loan in January for the remainder of the 2007/08 campaign.

Monchengladbach are currently bottom of the Bundesliga, having taken just 11 points from their opening 17 games.

You don't need a valid reason to burn a Spurs top...and I'm not even an Arsenal supporter. :-)

I like the move to Borussia Moenchengladbach although I wouldn't suspect he'd start right away as I suspect he's missing some serious match fitness.

quote:Originally posted by JamboAl

You don't need a valid reason to burn a Spurs top...and I'm not even an Arsenal supporter. :-)

I like the move to Borussia Moenchengladbach although I wouldn't suspect he'd start right away as I suspect he's missing some serious match fitness.

Finally Jambo you are making some sense when it comes to English football!!

Burn it.[}:)]

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by JamboAl

They're on winter break, which is great for him as the whole bunch will start fresh in the new year, he can build up fitness with the rest, and of course given the results the coach will be looking to shake things up. I hope he plays and they are saved of course.

quote:Originally posted by superbrad

Finally Jambo you are making some sense when it comes to English football!!

Burn it.[}:)]

Agreed, burn the shirt!!

It will be great to hear some footballing news concerning Paul play once he is match fit. I hope he can do for BM as he did for Fulham.

quote:Originally posted by redhat

Good for Paul. He can even play quite a few positions, including midfield.

He can hook up with Friend and Oliver Neuville effectively. Wait until

they play Bremen.

Now I have a reason to burn that Spurs jersey. ;)

What makes you say that?

I'm just hoping, for his sake, that he establishes himself with some regular first team appearences, and is able to replicate his defensive efforts he apparently displayed at Fulham last season. KISS.

quote:Originally posted by BearcatSA

He'd probably play RB, but Paul was also a midfielder at Bremen

early on. I also find him to be more effective at mid during

the Mexico match, while not as strong as a RB at Spurs.

He needs to play regularly, whether at back or not. But the

German league is not the same as the EPL, so it's not as simple

as you'd think.

quote:Originally posted by redhat

But in Stalteri's situation I believe it is. His effectiveness is premised primarily on executing the simple offensive plays and minding his defensive responsibilities within the teamwork of the back line. He has buckets of stamina so that's what makes him an effective wingback in a 3-5-2, where you have to cover acres of space both offensively and defensively. He had a strong match vs Mexico at Commonwealth primarily because he could put that ability to good use and he also effectively used the space he was afforded by the opposition that evening.

I do agree that he needs to be playing regularly, because the rust sets in pretty quickly on the technical side of his game when he doesn't. And when he doesn't have the confidence of his first touch in the heat of battle, then he starts treating the ball like it's a live grenade.

So I'm hoping he gets lots of playing time and can help pull BM out of the drop zone!

Archived