Radz not playing because of infection worry?

kaykills

quote:Originally posted by Eric

^ The doctor told Diego Maradona not to play for two games because of an ankle injury that he carried on during the whole 1990 WC, he said "I have to be half dead for me not to step into the field to represent my country" in a TV interview back then.

From Wikipedia:

1990 World Cup

Maradona captained Argentina again in the 1990 FIFA World Cup. An ankle injury affected his overall performance, and he was much less dominant than four years earlier. Argentina were almost eliminated in the first round, only qualifying in third position from their group. In the round of 16 match against Brazil, Claudio Caniggia scored the only goal after being set up by Maradona.

In the quarter final, Argentina faced Yugoslavia, the match ending 0–0 after 120 minutes, and Argentina advancing on penalty kicks, despite Maradona missing one of the penalties in the shootout. The semifinal against the host nation Italy was also resolved on penalties after a 1–1 draw; this time, Maradona was successful with his effort. In the final, Argentina lost 1–0 to West Germany, the only goal being a penalty by Andreas Brehme in the 85th minute after a controversial foul on Rudi Voller."

What's your point?

Sprain ankles aren't in the same category as infections....

Archived