Post-match melee

squizz1402635577

i only saw part of the commotion but i did end up behind 3 of the guys that were causing trouble on the way out of the stadium and they were pretty much looking for trouble doing their little thugged out latino thing. I did however laugh real hard when isaw 3 security guards literally dragging this honduras fan to a gate, open it, throw him out and close it before he could come back in hahahaha

They really have no class and being from Montreal ill admit that TO should get the games because the stadium has that "canadian feel" to it especially with the red stands.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

I generally try to avoid generalizations, but sadly, in my experience, the Honduran and Tico and Mexican fans are absolute trash. Jamaicans might spout off here and there, but they tend to be very respectful people.

With that said, there where a helluva lot more Canadian fans in TO, so the incentive to behave was significant.

Not a whole lot class coming out of the banana republics, that's for sure.

Can't comment on the others really, but during the U-20 match last year in TO, the Mexicans were classy whereas the Portuguese weren't. After the match, the Mexicans were partying celebrating their win and at no time did I ever feel threatened nor did they ever say anything to me and I was wearing my Canada kit.

Even the Tico fans last year even said they were impressed by the Canadian squad.

Sucks this happened, but it was to be expected. Esp. when you get people trying to "thug it" and act all tough.

I got hit with a cup of beer row 6 seat ~19. But I was a bit surprised by how vertical the arc on the cup was. As the cup slowly made it's decent to my face I wondered to myself: "well that's a vertical arc on that cup of beer, it couldn't have come from the Hondurans who are much too far to have throw it this far with that high arc, but why would a Canadian launch their cup of beer into our own section, and how funny that it's upright and still full to capacity..."

and then it hit me....the cup of beer. But it's cool, beer only smells bad when you get hit with a cup of it after a game. Oh wait..

But seriously, I'm actually glad this melee broke out, cause maybe the CSA will take it more seriously. FILL THE STADIUMS WITH CANUCKS OR KEEP THEM FAR AWAY FROM US.

I left before the actual scuffle, but before I left I was pretty high in 114 with a good view, and I can confirm that there was a lot of blue-on-blue (or should that be red-on-red) beer being thrown by Canadian fans. It looked to me like guys were trying to toss beers over the netting and onto the pitch, failed, and splashed their own comrades. I'm going to go ahead and say that these guys were a fairly long way in the bag.

quote:Originally posted by flubber

The result has left us all angry. But not as angry as the filthy rich US families who were deprived of their gardeners, housekeepers and nannies who abandoned ship to support their beloved Honduras at the game in Montreal.

I love how angry you guys get that you basically experienced closing time at any Halifax bar but when someone says something like this, which is blatantly racist no one says anything.

I wasn't at the match but several people on here have admitted not only their involvement in this disgusting episode but also in some cases admitted that we may have been involved in starting it. What's just as bad is the level of excitement that people are showing on here for being involved in violence. Pathetic.

quote:Originally posted by Most Scottish Man in Cdn.

PS - as pathetic as violence is "diet" violence is even worse. Any British firm would have you lot in about four seconds flat. Ridiculous. Why don't you go watch Green Street Hooligans and have a nap.

Why don't you go fuck yourself?

PS - as pathetic as violence is "diet" violence is even worse. Any British firm would have you lot in about four seconds flat. Ridiculous. Why don't you go watch Green Street Hooligans and have a nap.

Sounds as if you're the one who has to turn off the Green Street DVD and stick his head in a bucket of ice water. Being called soft hooligans doesn't offend us cause, well, we don't try to be hooligans. We've got more brains than that.

You may have had a valid point in your first post. The second post made you look like a complete hypocrite.

I'm not sure why you wasted any to begin with. I would have thought most people could get behind saying racism is wrong and violence is stupid.

As for our playground tussle "wasting any more words on me" sounds like you peaked with "go F yourself"...just saying...

If you change your mind though might I suggest insulting my mother or saying I don't know "s***" or something along those lines.

This is a forum for fans of Canadian soccer (which I have been since the early 80s) and it's pretty sad if you can't stand up for common sense and morality without being met with silence and/or hostility. Possibly my Green Street Hooligans comment was unkind but what the F*** is wrong with people (I'm pissed we lost too) that racist comments go by without outrage. No one said re "banana republics" or "rich americans deprived of their workers" "go f*** yourself". What the hell is wrong with us...

quote:Originally posted by I_AM_CANADIAN

Actually, you may have noticed that it was one guy. And if you hadn't showed up and drawn all the attention to yourself, people probably would have called him on it...

I seriously doubt that.

This "Scottish Man" has been writing a bunch of crap across a few different threads. And now he's clearly trying to bait me into an argument with lines like "As for our playground tussle "wasting any more words on me" sounds like you peaked with "go F yourself"...just saying...", which is the mark of someone actively seeking a confrontation.

He wrote a stupid post, I told him what I thought of it, and that was that.

Take a time out! The V's are not a British hooligan group nor is that what we ever want to become. If that was the case, the vast majority of us would leave. Racism is not on! Things are said in the heat of the moment which shouldn't. Can we move on...

My second post was cheeky and for that I am sorry. Genuinely. I can admit when I'm wrong. I was pissed off and took a cheap - and you're right hypocritical - shot. I'm sorry.

As for my first point that I'm not sorry about. There have been two blatantly racist comments on this thread and all I was doing was saying it's not on. Also to deny there has been a celebration of violence on this thread is putting the blinders on. I would like to think as a country we are against racism and violence (our country and indeed football team is multi-racial for that matter) so in my mind you can't support Canadian football and racism and violence at the same time. I'm willing to get in a -verbal - fight with anyone with disagrees.

And finally, Rudi, I'm sorry if you think I'm trying to bait you -- you told me to go "f***" myself, can you understand how I might not like that and be a little mad? If you want to put it in the past I'm willing to do that.

Nothing like a twat professing some 200 years of Scottishness while living in the colonies to get my dander up this AM. Leave the 'firm' talk for your pub pals. No one is impressed. A lot of people are very pissed off at the fact that we lost. They are even more pissed off that we lost and then had to eat crow from a pro-Honduras crowd in our own country. Let them rant. And having seen much worse violence in the old Forum, at football games and the like, at least let us have a little smile that some teasing Honduran ccok scuker had his arse thrown out of the stands.

I admitted I was wrong to make my second post and I meant it when I said I was sorry. But now the insults are flying because I had the audacity to suggest it is wrong to make racist comments. I'm the bad guy? Dude I wasn't there but no one was as gutted as me Saturday night. I was a kid in 85 when we qualified and since then have lived through (like all of you) the pain of failing to qualify for five (and now possibly six) world cups in a row. It destroys me every time. I'm not ashamed to admit they've made me cry. But you know what? That does not give me the right - nor for that matter anyone else - to make RACIST comments. I don't care if a car full of Honduran supporters kidnapped you, held you hostage, took all your money and beat you that does not somehow make it okay to say racist things. Full stop.

Smile as much as you like if some arsehole gets roughed up by security or whatever else but once you introduce an element of racist rhetoric to it expect to be called out...but lamentably only by one, now, hated guy...

quote:Originally posted by Ed

Nothing like a twat professing some 200 years of Scottishness while living in the colonies to get my dander up this AM. Leave the 'firm' talk for your pub pals. No one is impressed. A lot of people are very pissed off at the fact that we lost. They are even more pissed off that we lost and then had to eat crow from a pro-Honduras crowd in our own country. Let them rant. And having seen much worse violence in the old Forum, at football games and the like, at least let us have a little smile that some teasing Honduran ccok scuker had his arse thrown out of the stands.

Well in!! [}:)]

Archived