Canadians abroad: July 25 - August 7, 2008

DJT

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Can. in UK

David Edgar is starting for Newcastle versus Mallorca tonight.

I reckon they are showcasing him, as they are about to sign Coloccini and they've just signed an U-21 defender from France, too.

Guest Can. in UK
quote:Originally posted by Can. in UK

David Edgar is starting for Newcastle versus Mallorca tonight.

I reckon they are showcasing him, as they are about to sign Coloccini and they've just signed an U-21 defender from France, too.

According to the Newcastle messageboards, Edgar was one of the better players.

Guest Can. in UK

Peters played the last few minutes against West Ham tonight in Ipswich's last match before the real stuff starts. I don't think we'll see him in the starting XI on Saturday.

quote:Originally posted by Can. in UK

Peters played the last few minutes against West Ham tonight in Ipswich's last match before the real stuff starts. I don't think we'll see him in the starting XI on Saturday.

Ipswich Town 3 WHUFC 5

Peters off the bench on 81 mins and nearly scored.

For Lacoste-Lebuis, here is the link. http://www.rcstrasbourg.fr/actu1_det.php?art=5128&rub=1

It seems they played 2 matches over the weekend. The second one they used a young team where Lacoste played central left defense. The manager stated he was happy with the players individually and he didn't care about the score line as they are young and learning

quote:Originally posted by Lomonty

Ramos hasn't been seeking cover at RB so far this but with losing Chimbonda and Taino guys he had covering at RB last year he has to show his cards now and either assign Stalteri as first choice backup or move his salary and bring in a new backup

Aparently Spurs may be trying to get Corluka, which would probably force an end to the Diesel Saga through transfer or another loan. But take that with a grain of salt as they are still pursuing Arshavin and David Villa for big money.

quote:Originally posted by An Observer

For Lacoste-Lebuis, here is the link. http://www.rcstrasbourg.fr/actu1_det.php?art=5128&rub=1

It seems they played 2 matches over the weekend. The second one they used a young team where Lacoste played central left defense. The manager stated he was happy with some players individually and he didn't care about the score line as they are young and learning

Fixed.

quote:Originally posted by masster

Does CFA mean reserve or youth league?

Neither, it's the 4th Division of French football. Ligue 1, Ligue 2, Conference National and then Conference de Football Amateur (or something like that). I assume OLL was playing for the reserves of Strasbourg - though i didn't realize that the French reserve teams were playing in the "pro pyramid".

Edit: Nothing like a little google to get the goods. It's actually Championnat National and Championnat de France Amatuers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Championnat_de_France_Amateurs

Strasbourg reserves are playing in Group A. Funny, but the parent club of the youth team my dad played for - US Quevilly are in Group D.

Julian De Guzman plays 90 minutes as Deportivo loses 4-2 in their last game of a three game Venezuelan tour against Venezuelan champions Deportivo Tachira. Earlier in the week they beat Venezuelan team Minerven 1-0 with DeGuzman playing 74 minutes and beat Portugese team Maritimo 2-0 with an experimental lineup in which DeGuzman did not play.

Goals:

1-0, m.29: Habynson Escobar.

2-0, m.32: Habynson Escobar.

2-1, m.55: Pablo Álvarez.

2-2, m.67: Omar Bravo, de penalti.

3-2, m.74. Engelberth Pérez.

4-2, m.83: Yonathan del Valle

Deportivo de La Coruña: Fabricio; Juanan, Adrián López "Piscu", Lauren, Zé Castro (m.46, Rochela); Andrés Guardado, Julián De Guzmán, Cristian (m.73, Bodipo), Verdú; Mista (m.46, Omar Bravo) y Xisco (m.46, Pablo Álvarez).

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

Julian De Guzman plays 90 minutes as Deportivo loses 4-2 in their last game of a three game Venezuelan tour against Venezuelan champions Deportivo Tachira. Earlier in the week they beat Venezuelan team Minerven 1-0 with DeGuzman playing 74 minutes and beat Portugese team Maritimo 2-0 with an experimental lineup in which DeGuzman did not play.

Goals:

1-0, m.29: Habynson Escobar.

2-0, m.32: Habynson Escobar.

2-1, m.55: Pablo Álvarez.

2-2, m.67: Omar Bravo, de penalti.

3-2, m.74. Engelberth Pérez.

4-2, m.83: Yonathan del Valle

Deportivo de La Coruña: Fabricio; Juanan, Adrián López "Piscu", Lauren, Zé Castro (m.46, Rochela); Andrés Guardado, Julián De Guzmán, Cristian (m.73, Bodipo), Verdú; Mista (m.46, Omar Bravo) y Xisco (m.46, Pablo Álvarez).

Good to see that he is playing some regular minutes now. I was concerned that his achilles injury would hobble him all month. Looks like most of our stars are healthy, scoring, and ready to go. Stalteri needs to get some playing time, and I've not heard anything about Radzinski for a while, but most everybody else is either playing solid minutes with MLS clubs or Scandanavian leagues, or in good pre-season competition in Europe.

Archived