Jamaica in Toronto - Official

quote:Originally posted by Toronto Ruffrider

If tickets will be sold in the former manner and not the latter - i.e. like Costa Rica - then it should be easy to get the pre-sale code to Voyageurs. I don't want to publicise the code, but a TFC subscriber who has the code could simply e-mail it to Cheeta, who in turn could e-mail it to everyone on this board.

I am not a TFC SSH but I believe that SSH have a special account manager where their seat will become available for purchase during a certain time frame. They will not be using Ticketmaster like the rest of the public will with a special code. Again I am not sure..but I think that is how it is done.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Razcle

I am not a TFC SSH but I believe that SSH have a special account manager where their seat will become available for purchase during a certain time frame. They will not be using Ticketmaster like the rest of the public will with a special code. Again I am not sure..but I think that is how it is done.

I hope tickets are sold in a different manner, but you could be right. If that's the case, then we may have no choice but to go with a section at the north end of the grounds.

quote:Originally posted by Miche

That's kinda how I felt about the Montreal game. The voyageurs section was nice behind the net. But I was 7 rows up at exactly mid-field...and I don't wanna burst anyone's bubble, but I could barely make out the chants. I heard "Canada clap clap clap" well. And heard 7-nation army at one point, but that's all I could make out. Kept waiting for "Qu'estce que vous chantez".. you guys probably did it, but I couldn't hear it.

Anyway, my point is, I thought it might have been better to have 2 or 3 sections throughout the stadium (but within range of hearing eachother), rather than everyone together. That way it'll seem like more and chanting, and will help those who are shy get into it.

Just a thought. But I guess it'd be hard to organize multiple random sections.

Truth. Remember at the Canada/Chile game how the Chile fans had the four corners of the stadium? We should try to do that.

EDIT: Just to clarify, obviously more than just the four corners...but yeah.

Hmmm. Not sure quite what to make of this.

The South stand will hold it's own no matter what. I don't think the U-Sector/RPBs need our help. A cluster of Vs joining in with the NEE could re-enforce the Canadian presence in that grandstand. Would mean a world of difference to the casuals who'd otherwise be exposed to pockets of Reggie Boyz supporters amongst their ranks. You know what I'm saying? By our presence we could prop up the casuals. Give them some back-bone.

That being said if I were going, and bar a 6/49 payday I'm not, the idea of adding my voice to the south stand is way more appealing to me for two reasons. 1st) I like standing behind a goal. Always have, always will. And 2nd) I find it hard to believe the Vs and friends wouldn't do their part in making the south stand rock like it's never rocked before (and that's saying a lot). THAT concentration of supporter firepower could create an unprecedented influence throughout the stadium. In the stands and on the players and officials on the pitch.

Tricky. Not sure how we can pull this off.

Gobble up what seats we can in the Vs supporter section and "migrate" if the opportunity allows? We'll get an idea of how the south stand is looking very quickly. If we're lucky the Vs won't get an opportunity to migrate. There simply won't be room for us.

Damn. I'm already getting nervous.

Sorry boys, the family gets in the way sometimes......

Firstly, all the details are not yet finalized.

I do not think season ticket holders will be able to purchase any ticket other than their own. With 16,000 season ticket holders, our options are limited and I suspect these tickets will go like hot cakes. Ticket prices in the south end will be $20, so I suspect the south end (which is largely season-ticket holders) will be taken. While there may be a few tickets scattered throughout, I think we can do better than that by a long shot, on a number of levels.

As Rudi has suggested, I think we may end up with section 104. I have seen this section in action at BMO, and it is solid and large. Nothing is confirmed at this point however.

I also think our numbers will be significantly larger than St Vincent. This match is much more high profile and these tickets are going to be highly coveted. Our numbers are increasing by the week and our section will rock ! I also think it's for the best. We don't need to hide behind the goal like a safety blanket. We will not be behind the goal at Commonwealth. Our section is wherever we choose to make it. It will also give Canada a significant presence at both ends of the field.

Start making your plans boys, this is a call to arms ! These tickets are going to go fast ! Here we come Toronto, from the Maritimes, through the Prairies and BC !!

Having a hardcore section behind each goal could work out to being a sweet idea as well if possible. There would be some friendly rivalry as to which stand is louder and more active. A few chants could possibly be used incorporating both ends but each singing a different part if there ended up being enough noise from each section

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

I do not think season ticket holders will be able to purchase any ticket other than their own. With 16,000 season ticket holders, our options are limited and I suspect these tickets will go like hot cakes. Ticket prices in the south end will be $20, so I suspect the south end (which is largely season-ticket holders) will be taken. While there may be a few tickets scattered throughout, I think we can do better than that by a long shot, on a number of levels.

Season ticket holders will know at least a few days in advance if they will get first right of refusal for their seats. Thus, anyone who has TFC season tickets will have their seats appear in account manager for this event. I will ask around in a week to see if this takes place.

quote:Originally posted by Miche

Anyway, my point is, I thought it might have been better to have 2 or 3 sections throughout the stadium (but within range of hearing eachother), rather than everyone together. That way it'll seem like more and chanting, and will help those who are shy get into it.

Just a thought. But I guess it'd be hard to organize multiple random sections.

Quite easy to organize - happens every Saturday at dozens of venues across the U.S. Sign-cards are a wonderful thing with an organized group...and if you're talking about the north and south ends of BMO Field, it appears that organization won't be an issue.

I may be able to swing more than one section for us, but there's no use grabbing a section if we can't stack it.

That said, this is going to be the most crucial game of the semifinal and I hate the Rag Boyz. We need to start positive and nothing but three points will suffice.

We need all Voyageurs across Canada to dig deep, make the pilgrimage and bring your red & white clad friends and family.

quote:Originally posted by Toronto Ruffrider

Season ticket holders will know at least a few days in advance if they will get first right of refusal for their seats. Thus, anyone who has TFC season tickets will have their seats appear in account manager for this event. I will ask around in a week to see if this takes place.

I should have all the details in the next 2-3 days.

A question to any Torontonians, how long a walk would it be from BMO to Union station? It seems the only GOTrains from Exhibition to Union leave at 21:00 and 22:00 and the last VIA train leaves at 22:00...

if it is 104-105 sections, it's on the tv side at the corner flag area. North End Elite is on opposite side.

So, that should mean 3 decent sections of 'real supporters' that will hopefully get the casuals in between off their bums. And box in the Jamaicans.

But I'm not sure if tix will be hotcakes for all TC supporters. If history is a guide, if the tix aren't part of their season tix package, I doubt if 10k is picked by TFC holders - recent examples are Whitecaps & Impact games which aren't sold out. Whitecaps tix only reached 18k last week.

I was at the Chile match last year. One thing I did notice is that when Canadian supporters actually showed some mettle, the Chileans were a bit surprised. So, I think the Jamicans don't believe we have it in us - let alone the general Cdn public. Though one advantage countries such as Chile have is that 13 yr girls to 55 yr old women along with the men know all the chants and aren't shy about bringing it.

So, it's showtime for the Voyageurs - we need to deliver just like the players on the pitch.

re Union to BMO or vice versa, the walk is a bit too long but it's a short streetcar ride in addition to being 1 GO station away. You'll probably need to leave early before match ends to get on the streetcar before you get stuck in the crowd.

We will probably be partying at The Rhino for pre-game. It's a larger venue.

One of the smaller TFC supporter groups, North End Elite, party at this location. They are new to the national scene and generally stay in the North side of BMO.

We will rock the north end of BMO with these guys. I have been talking to their Prez, Pedro Almeida, for the past week and they are enthused to have us in their end.

quote:Originally posted by one92fifth

I'm curious as well. I could probably get 4 of 5 buddies to come along with me for this one. I was at the game in Montreal. I just bought tickets in the section besides the Vs section and moved over. But if I could buy directly in the section it would be better/less potential hassle at the game. I've had a few not so pleasant experiences with BMO security in the past.

Squizz & one92fifth,

E-mail Cheeta and insure you are on the Voyageurs distribution list.

quote:Originally posted by Califax

Hey all,

Do we know if there is a max on tickets to be purchased? Also I am only 5 posts in to my account but would love to eligible for a pre sale with the V's.

Cheers

E-mail Cheeta.

Also it helps if you put your location on your ID post.

quote:Originally posted by fan75

A question to any Torontonians, how long a walk would it be from BMO to Union station? It seems the only GOTrains from Exhibition to Union leave at 21:00 and 22:00 and the last VIA train leaves at 22:00...

Take the streetcar. There is a route that will drop you of right at the foot of the stadium. It goes frequently.

Forgot to answer your question...it would take about 45 min. to walk to BMO from Union.

Thoughts on the tickets. I think you'll be surprised by the amount of tickets left over in the south end, particularly in 114-117. There were something like 200 unclaimed seats in 113 for the Whitecaps game tomorrow...(as an aside, I suspect you will see a rowdie section tomorrow, because a lot of the non-113 u-sector types gathered up the unclaimed tickets).

This is a bit of a pickle...I don't think we should refuse the section, but I suspect the action is going to be in the south end. Most Toronto Vs are U-sector and will have tickets in 113 or connections to get into the section already.

I thin kit's going t9o be a bit of a disaster if we aren't all in the south. My instinct says for the non-Toronto Vs to buy extra 113s or 112s when they become available.

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

That said, this is going to be the most crucial game of the semifinal and I hate the Rag Boyz. We need to start positive and nothing but three points will suffice.

Well...3 points is a must, but the three big games are home and away with Honduras, plus our road match in November in Kingston. Take seven there, and even a disappointing draw to open will be forgotten.

Still...hope everyone can be in Toronto, but everyone MUST be in Montreal on a Saturday evening in early September.

quote:Originally posted by red card

Though one advantage countries such as Chile have is that 13 yr girls to 55 yr old women along with the men know all the chants and aren't shy about bringing it.

So, it's showtime for the Voyageurs - we need to deliver just like the players on the pitch.

So why can't we teach the Canadians who want to join in, but have no idea what to do?

There are two presenting sponsors - Sony and Adidas. I have to believe that they'd be eager to put a 8x11 Canadian flag signboard in everyone's hands, with their logo displayed prominently on the back. That would be as good a place as any to plant some family-friendly chants in the hands of people who, for the most part, still won't join in. But if you get even another 500 who read and respond, that's worthwhile I'd think.

Anyone want to ask if the CSA would broker the introductions so Sony/Adidas can be introduced to this idea? Or at least find out what the CSA intends to hand out at matches? Would Voyageurs be willing to sacrifice their time and act as greeters, handing out the song sheets, if the CSA was un(able/willing) to hire greeters?

quote:Originally posted by CanadianTraveller

Well...3 points is a must, but the three big games are home and away with Honduras, plus our road match in November in Kingston. Take seven there, and even a disappointing draw to open will be forgotten.

Still...hope everyone can be in Toronto, but everyone MUST be in Montreal on a Saturday evening in early September.

If Canada leaves for Chiapas with six points, they basically need a win + draw against anyone to move on (unless there's a 12/11/10 split or something). I think the first two games are the biggest ones.

quote:Originally posted by fan75

Take the 509 Harbourfront streetcar!

Archived