Who's your Tip for Euro 2008?

Desigol

What does Xavi do? Obviously not enough to be considered the best player on the planet. And Iniesta? If these guys are as good as you claim, then why did Barca finish 3rd? Why is Spain always out in the Quarters? More like Ronaldo is better than the Spanish team combined. That was such a stupid comment, but you are entitled to you opinion

Swap Ronaldo with Messi and Barca still finish 3rd.

Ronaldo's a great player but he's extrememely lucky to be playing for Man United. Iniesta was one of Barca's best players this season but he can't do it himself. I'm not that big on Xavi anymore, but I think he's still more valuable than Nani or Deco.

And Fabregas is better still.

Overall, Spain's attack puts even Brasil to shame IMO. But their defense is average. Should be a fun team to watch.

I don't know about that. Messi missed half the season through injury.

A health Ronaldo on that Barca team for the full season and I think he would have made a difference. And the difference between Ronaldo and Messi is that Ronaldo is a horse, He gets chopped every game and just keeps going. Messi is a bit fragile. He would not last an entire season in the EPL the way Ronaldo has lasted 5.

quote:Originally posted by Manuel

I don't know about that. Messi missed half the season through injury.

A health Ronaldo on that Barca team for the full season and I think he would have made a difference. And the difference between Ronaldo and Messi is that Ronaldo is a horse, He gets chopped every game and just keeps going. Messi is a bit fragile. He would not last an entire season in the EPL the way Ronaldo has lasted 5.

Though the last part of your post is true, Messi clearly outplayed Ronaldo in the Champions League yet Man United won. Similarly, you can't use Barca's failures as a strike against Iniesta, who was very good this past season.

You may think he outplayed Ronaldo, but Ronaldo was used as the lone striker, which is not his regular position. He didn't have the opportunity to run at the defenders which is when he is most dangerous. Anyways, they are both great players, but I would take Ronaldo because of his durability, height and speed. I mean he scores with his left, his right, from penalties, free kicks, headers (Roma), and he’s great with the dribble taking on defenders and getting around them. I think Jeffrey just doesn’t like him because he knows he will be a Real Madrid player soon.

quote:Originally posted by River City

I think Ronaldo is better than Messi but only due to his physical maturity. Messi is 3 years younger...who knows how he'll develop.

Sadly, Messi will probably never reach his potential because of the injuries that will no doubt continue to pop-up as a result of the growth hormones he took when he was younger.

It's truly a shame as Messi is one of the most talented players of all time. Top 5 for sure. Ronaldo is the best player in the world now and is a more complete player than Messi, but nowhere near as gifted or as talented. There's always a best player in the world, but there's not always a player like Messi in the world. That's why its so depressing that Messi is always struggling to be healthy.

Archived