Can vs Arg - For all 6 of us who were there.

Guest speedmonk42

I went to watch yesterday, and it was a good match. My early thoughts on the team

Gabe Gala = superb, his crosses today were very good, one of them led to the goal. He has a lot of pace and is a very smart player. Real asset to Canada and should be a real asset to TFC.

Adam Street = best Canadian keeper I've seen in a while. He played brilliantly, he didn't spill anything, and had two class saves. The back -up keeper was a little shaky though.

Those were the two stand-outs but the defensive midfielders did their job for the most part, with the only real blemishes being some Argentinean runs which opened up the pitch. I also thought Haber and Nana looked solid at the back, they didn't let much by them. #3 (not sure who) crossed the ball really well and could have had a penalty in injury time.

Also good job 113 fans, our only supporters section I tried to get some chants in our section, but no luck. One last note not really related to the game, but I met John Carver at halftime, seemed like a nice guy

Great Result Canada!

If you go to the game link they actually have photos for each player under the player profile, including nicknames for most of the players. They include:

"Rell" for Nana Attakora-Gyan

Either "Badger" or "Bono" for Bonifacio (makes sense)

"Vlad" for Vladimir Vukovic (I think "Vlad the Impaler" would be better)

and Sir Gabesalot for Gabe Gala.

Half of them seem to have Cesc Fabregas as a favourite player.....

Archived